I knew I wanted to do a special post for Valentines Day...
So when I saw this fun LINK-UP, I knew I needed to join!
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?Michael and I have been together for almost 8 years! CRAZY that it's been that long!
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
3. If married, how long have you been married?
We will celebrate our 7 year Anniversary in May!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We eloped to Honolulu Hawaii!! It was just the two of us, the Preacher and an absolutely gorgeous beach!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
Michael has soooo many nick-names for me: Bang Bang, Tissie, Kissie-kissie-bang-bang, Feets, She-bang-bang, bangs, and She-bang-dizzle {Just to name a few}. I don't have nearly as many for him, I mostly just call him Babe, or Lover of all Loves, or Punkin, or Miguel.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
*He is HILARIOUS. He honestly makes me laugh on at least a daily basis, even when I'm mad at him he manages to make me smile!
*He is so TALENTED! I'm so lucky to have such a handyman! {See previous post for just one example}. He can seriously do anything he puts his mind to! If he doesn't know how to do it, he will work on it until he figures it out and can do it right!
*He is GORGEOUS. Seriously, I don't know how I got such a good looking guy! I've thought he was dreamy from the first time I saw him, and still to this day - I can't get enough!
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Well.... he actually never proposed! HA! We pretty much just talked about it and decided it would be funny to elope while we were in Hawaii {stupid kids!} But I've told him that I would like to be proposed to someday... he's promised to do it before we have children... I honestly don't care how he does it, I just want to be proposed to!!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Michael has been known to send me flowers on occasion {and I LOVE it}... but he's more of a practical gift kinda guy {which I also LOVE}... He gives me things he knows I will like and appreciate, like clothes or shoes or jewelry.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I'm going to admit that I'm totally high maintenance and say both! I would love to have a wonderful sunset dinner on the beach, then head in, pop in a movie and relax. I'm good with either - I love to go out and have a good time, but I also love to put on my comfy clothes, get take-out and just chillax with my man at home!
{Hawaii 2010 - AWFUL picture of me -Please don't mind the red nose, we got LOTS of sun!}
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
We love to travel... there are a few places on our "Travel Bucket List" that we hope {plan} to go someday like: Bermuda, Costa Rica, Italy and Spain. 11. .Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day
This Valentines will be a low-key one, we just got back from a family trip to Iowa, and are going on a little get-a-way Saturday night with our fabulous friends, Jenna & Kevin... so Michael is just going to make us a yummy dinner, and we will probably cuddle up with a cheesy chick flick!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I didn't come right out and ask... although, I have hinted about some Black Ballet Flat Toms :) {Fingers crossed!}
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
The time we spend together. We are always one anothers first priority. I LOVE spending time Michael, no matter what we are doing, just watching TV, household chores or playing on the computer - After almost 8 years together, I still just cannot get enough!
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.




7 comments:
That is too cute! I remember being at Danny and David's house and they told me you guys got married in Hawaii! I love that you two fit each other so well. I honestly couldn't see Michael with anyone else. I'm glad you two are still so much in love with each other. My husband didn't propose to me either, we just planned to get married and did! He told me one day he will. Can't wait to see what your love will do for your 'proposal' :) Happy Love Day to you and yours!! Thanks for sharing!!
This make me melt. And I LOVE that you eloped! Seriously. I'm jealous. haha We are rebels my friend. Rebels madly in love. Happy love day!
GAG me!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING!!! You know I love you both VERY VERY much!!! You two are a great couple and we sure love having you as our besties. Can't wait for Wendover!!! Woot Woot!!!
I love your posts! They are so fun to read! Maybe I'll have to copy this! You and Miguel are such a cute couple!
I loved this! It was so much fun to read. I hope he proposes soon so you can have children sooner ;)
This is a cute post. I'm totes going to steal it and put it on my blog. The whole thing. Not even just the idea. Just how you met Mike.
Or not. I'm sorry that I got so mad at you for eloping. But I'm glad that we got so many awesome pics of you guys that day! Still some of my faves of you two! You made a good choice, he's a good one.
I'm with Rachel and Kathrin :)
xoxox,
Mom
Post a Comment