Time for another round of Movie Reviews!
My sister Kathrin is a Teacher,
As a part of a Social Studies group she is in for the History program,
She got 2 free tickets to see Red Tails AND
2 free tickets to see War Horse last weekend!
I was lucky enough to be her guest to both!
{THANKS again Kat!}
*RED TAILS*
Red Tails is about a crew of African American pilots in the Tuskegee training program during World War II. It's their amazing story of facing crazy discrimination AND segregation. They show incredible bravery and courage to become true war heroes! This movie was really good, and very entertaining. I will say it was a tiny bit cheesy... but still a pretty dang good movie! My favorite part? All the beautiful people! HA!
*WAR HORSE*
I really loved War Horse! It's about just that, the story of a horse that is sold into cavalry. Before he is sold, the boy who trains him, builds an amazing friendship with this horse and is devastated when his father has to sell him to keep their farm. It's an incredible story of the journey the horse takes, and the many lives he touches on his way. This movie was seriously so dang good! I cried, I laughed but mostly I just really loved it! I would absolutely recommend this film!
*WARRIOR*
OH.MY.HANNAH. I don't know if I can even express to you how much I loved this movie! Warrior is about the journey of two brother's who are competing for the biggest winner-takes-all event in mixed Martial Arts history. Honestly, I really had no desire to see this movie when I saw the preview, I don't love fighting/wrestling movies... but I had seen all over FB how good it was! And seriously, it did not disappoint. This movie literally had me sobbing. It's definitely not a "Feel-good" type of flick, but just such a good story - and it's not all about the fighting! I really think you should ALL definitely see this movie!
*THE GIRL with the DRAGON TATTOO*
Now, I know that I said I wouldn't see this... I read all of the books {and loved them}. And I watched the Swedish version, which was pretty dang disturbing! BUT, I had heard that this was much better than the Swedish version, and I will most definitely agree! Michael had expressed the desire to see this movie, so that made me want to go even more! We went on a double date with Jenna and Kevin - and all 4 of us LOVED it! Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara were absolutely perfect in their roles {MUCH better than the actors in the Swedish version}. There were still the disturbing parts... but that's just part of the storyline. Just like the books, I don't think I would recommend this movie, but I will say that it was one of the better movies I've seen - we didn't even notice that it was almost 3 hours long! We were seriously entertained the entire movie!Speaking of great actors and actresses in this movie, I thought it was AMAZING the make-over they did on Rooney for the part of Lisbeth Salander! Just look at how feminine and beautiful she was before:
And to play the part of Lisbeth Salander... complete transformation right?! LOVE it!
Did you see these movies? What did you think of them?
Do you agree with my reviews??






4 comments:
I agree with your Dragoon Tattoo review, well because thats the only one I saw and probably the only one I will =)
Great reviews, Lars, I give you two thumbs up!
I'm 2 or 3 posts behind - I too loved our sewing night and am looking forward to lots more. It's such a relief that my daughters are all sewing (at 1 level or another - Tracie is great at impromptu fixes for things like wires coming out of bras, putting Rainbow Brite patches on longboard inflicted holes in sweatshirts, etc :) So proud of all of you!
I haven't seen ANY of these yet! I just went and saw Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close this past weekend and really enjoyed it. Total tearjerker!
Post a Comment