Friday, December 30, 2011

~Movie Reviews~

Wouldn't it be AWESOME to be a movie critic???
I mean, I already pretend to be on my blog and all, BUT
To seriously get paid to watch movies and tell people if you like it or not?!
Yeah, I think I would love that job.

*YOUNG ADULT*
I absolutely adore Charlize Theron, not only is she freaking gorgeous, but she is freaking talented too! But this movie, probably not the best move of her career. It was pretty much just ... DUMB. Seriously, the story just wasn't there. We saw the preview for this movie months ago, I wanted to see it, because it looked so funny, Michael wanted to see it because it's his girl Charlize. There were a couple of funny parts, the same ones that you saw in the previews. The story is pretty much as follows: Charlize in her late 30's goes back to her hometown {Which she hates} to get her High-school boyfriend back. But he has a wife and new baby. Turns out, she's a lotta bit crazy, and ends up just creating drama.
I would definitely NOT recommend this movie.
{Michael's rating: C-}

*MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL*
I was apprehensive to see this movie, aren't there like 8 Mission Impossible's already?! But Michael had his mind set {Especially after seeing the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes - don't even get me started on that boy and his obsession with Rotten Tomatoes... drives.me.nuts!} Turns out, R.T. AND Michael were actually right on this one... it was pretty dang good, a little long, but definitely entertaining! Even if the guy to my right felt like the theatre needed his commentary the ENTIRE movie - seriously, as Michael put it "EVERYTHING was GOLDEN for this guy" I've never heard anyone laugh as hard and LOUD in a movie - EVER. Oh and he also helped Tom {yes we are on a first name basis} by yelling "RUN!" During a scene, where yes, he needed to run, and guess what? He ran! Thank you, theatre foul guy! :).
But the movie was really good, I would absolutely recommend it!
{Michael's Rating: B+}

*SHERLOCK HOLMES*
I'm going to be honest, even though Jude Law is a cheater-with-the-nanny type of guy - I still really like him... I think he's a really talented actor, and since we are being totally honest here, he isn't too hard on the eyes either. And R.D.J. - I'm a big fan. These two in this movie was pretty much perfection! I really enjoyed it, and was definitely entertained the entire movie!
Another movie that I would most definitely recommend!
{Michael's Rating: B-, it got a B- because "it was too much like the first one" :)}

 *******************
A few movies that are on my must-see list:

*NEW YEAR'S EVE* 
As soon as I saw the cast for this movie, months ago, I knew I needed to see this movie! They got me, just like they did with Valentine's Day {LOVE that movie!} I wanted to go to this movie over the Christmas weekend... but remember how I said my handsome hubby has this obsession with Rotten Tomatoes? Yeah, try convincing him to go when it only got 7%! HA! Impossible. Oh well - guess it's a GNO movie!
*THE VOW*
Oh.my.HANNAH! This movie looks SO freaking good!! I seriously got emotional just watching the trailer!! And my girl Rachel w/ Channing?!!? Simply perfect! Cannot wait till February!!
Just watch the trailer... you're totally going to want to see it too!

*THE LUCKY ONE*
First of all - could Zac get any better looking?! He is BEAU-TEE-FUL!
Another ROMANTIC, CHICK FLICK??? Count me in! So excited for April when this gem comes out!!!

4 comments:

monster cakes said...

Just watched those two trailers and got shivers both times. Great. Lots of tears coming in the Spring. haha Can't wait!

Kathrin Paul said...

I cannot wait for those last two movies!!! They look so good. I will pay you to write movie reviews. Do you mind payment in high fives?

Holli said...

I seriously love your movie reviews! I'm glad the Charlize Theron movie was lame because I was kind of bummed when I realized it was rated R. I totally want to see New Years Eve! I think we should go together. :)

Hahn's said...

Thanks for all the updates since I don't get out much =)

I CANNOT wait for The Vow I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rachel & Channing SO much!!