Wednesday, December 28, 2011

{Christmas SMILES}

SMILES... Christmas edition!
Michael and I had a FABULOUS Christmas weekend that was FULL of SMILES!
Christmas Eve was spent at Julie & Dave's house {M's Parent's}
We had a DELICIOUS meal of soups and bread bowls and opened presents!!
These adorable boys were completely spoiled!
It was so fun watching them get excited opening presents!
                
This isn't the best picture of Michael and I,
but it was the only one we got together on Christmas Eve :)
Isn't this little boy just so stinking cute?!
Ben and his adorable Reindeer PJ's definitely make us SMILE!
*********
After watching A Christmas Story w/ Uncle Michael downstairs,
Sam came up and asked Michael's sister Allison for some soap....
He said Uncle Michael was calling him a bad name! HA!
If you know Michael, then you know this is probably true,
He is ALWAYS teasing our nephew's and nieces!
We asked Sam what he said, and he wouldn't tell us... {Such a good little boy!}
Then Michael came upstairs and said that he was calling him a "Poo-face"
{REAL mature Michael :) HAHA}
So just like Ralphie in the movie,
Michael had to have a mouth full of soap for his dirty mouth!
This picture absolutely makes me SMILE!
********
Christmas Morning I woke up to this wonderful surprise!
I've seriously always done my make-up and hair sitting on the floor,
Michael is sick of having to step over me,
So he made me this little makeshift vanity! I absolutely love it!
And this little added detail most definitely made me SMILE!
He is just so freaking cute!
*********
We both had some fun presents to open Christmas morning...
Our favorites from eachother... we each got new watches!!
Gotta love the new his and her BLING!!
***********
After we did our own little Christmas,
We headed over to my parent's for an absolutely YUMMY Brunch...
And of course to open more presents!!
This was HILARIOUS!
Ellie was trying to hold 2 of her presents at the same time -
She was concentrating SO hard, her facial expression was so dang funny!
Seriously, watching kids open presents is THE best!
What did we ever do before nieces and nephews?!

This was the only picture I got of Brady opening presents,
I'm sad that it's only half his face!
Kat - new FB Profile pic?!

***********
All of the siblings went in together and got my adorable parents a night at
Bear Creek Lodge and gift card to one of their favorite restaurants - Maddox!
My super cute parents always make me SMILE!
*******
Each year, we all draw names - this year Tracie drew ours...
She and my dad made the COOLEST floating bookshelves!
This gift seriously couldn't have been more PERFECT!
{As seen by my "gushing face" - Yes, I'm the gusher, Michael - not so much :)}
I'm a total book-snob, and our book shelf is over-flowing!
The finished product in our office.... So dang cool!!
Absolutely makes me SMILE!
*********
We were absolutely SPOILED with
Time with loved ones, fantastic food and of course presents :)!
It was an absolutely perfect Christmas-weekend!

5 comments:

Holli said...

I still can't get over Sam putting soap in Michael's mouth! I think that was my favorite part of the night. :)
I can't believe how mushy Michael can be. He tries to act so tough, but we all know the truth!
Your floating book shelves are AWESOME!

Kathrin Paul said...

Those shelves look amazing! I really love that idea. And yes, I will steal that pic right now and put it on my fb.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Don't you just LOVE Christmas. I am so sad that it is over. Looks like you guys had a great time.

I'm glad you posted pictures of the bookshelves Tracie gave you. She told me that is what she was going to do and I had the hardest time picturing it. Now that i see the finished product it looks spectacular!

Hahn's said...

Looks like you kids had an awesome Christmas!! Love both your watches and M cardi ;) (lol).

Anonymous said...

Love the pics & the soap one is my fave!! Silly Uncle Michael!