Sunday, November 20, 2011

***MOVIE REVIEWS***

Most importantly, and by far the best:
BREAKING DAWN
 Oh.My.Hannah - this movie absolutely didn't disappoint! First of all, the hair, make up and wardrobe was THE BEST it's been in any of the movies {LOVED Alice's hair! So freaking cute!!} And Bella's make up was incredible, she looked gorgeous for the wedding, then with the pregnancy looked so realistically sick! The acting has also gotten better, which makes the movie so much less cheesy :). Now, the negative... there were a couple parts {Ummm... Power Ranger wolves or Imprinting on babies...} that were just way too creepy and odd for my liking... and I will say this was a pretty gory movie! Oh and I probably wouldn't let my 14 year old daughter see it {Maybe I'm a square...} But it gets pretty racy! Although, I wasn't complaining ...
 BOW-CHICKA-WOW-WOW!
And the way it ended?! Brilliant! I absolutely cannot wait for Part 2!!


Next up:
FOOTLOOSE
 I said a little about it in the my last post... but I definitely thought it deserved a full Laura review :). This movie was just so much fun! They did a fantastic job of keeping it so much like the first one... but much better! Julianne Hough is sooo adorable! {Even if she does get a bit skank-ish in the movie :)} Oh and Ren... I mean Kenny is so dang cute! {And it probably it helps that his first scene in the movie he looks just like my Michael!} The dance scenes in the movie were my fave! Both Julianne and Kenny are so talented that it was just fabulous watch! We definitely loved it!

THE IDES OF MARCH
 This movie was absolutely fantastic! The story is amazing, the actors are just so dang talented {And absolutely not hard to look at - HELLLLOOOO Ryan Gosling! :)} It's got Politics, drama AND the perfect amount of scandal! The entire movie was just so well put together, it definitely had us interested the entire time! Such a fascinating story!
**Michael's rating: B+

LIMITLESS
 We didn't see this movie in the theatre, but we had been hearing about how good it is from multiple people. So Halloween night we finally decided to watch it... and it most definitely did not disappoint! This movie is so interesting... and there are so many twists, that we were totally and completely enthralled for the entire thing! This one simple pill turned his life upside down... almost for the better {for a short time at least!} What would I do if I could use my ENTIRE brain, not just the normal "10%". It's one of those movies that leaves you talking and thinking about it for the next week! So good!
**Michael's rating: B

And last the worst of all the game...
THE RUM DIARY
Seriously Johnny? This movie was HORRID! Just plain awful! I was completely bored, and the story just honestly wasn't there! I tried to think of how to explain it, but it made my brain hurt HA! It's okay though, the most important thing you need to know.... Do not waste your money seeing this movie. NO BUENO! 
**Michael's rating: C- -


5 comments:

RH said...

I'm glad you liked Limitless and The Ides of March, those are ones I really want to see.

Rachel said...

I am not too excited about the twilight movie. I know I am probably the only one in America. I just don't like it.

I DO want to see footloose though. It looks awesome!

Clayton and Heidi said...

Props to you for braving all the twilight fanatics on opening weekend! I'm sure I will be waiting a few weeks. Here in Logan there is NO ASSIGNED SEATING so we have to get to the theater HOURS upon HOURS early. blah

Kathrin Paul said...

I like your movie reviews. Keep 'em coming!

Hahn's said...

Now review The Muppets and how TERRIBLE it was!!!! =)