What on earth did we ever do with out Social Networking?? I really have a hard time remembering life with out Blogs or Facebook to suck my time - what did I do with myself?? {HA!} I truly love this game - I think it's so fun to be able to keep up with family, friends and to meet new people! Michael on the other hand... not a big fan :) My hubby and I have completely different views on this - he hates "having his business just out there" {LOL} But I feel like having your "business" out there {to a certain extent of course} is a fantastic way to be in touch and relate to other people!
*The Blog* I have had a love/hate relationship with our blog. I started the blog 3 years ago and have gone through spurts of posting often, or not posting at all! For a while there I went through a period where I just felt like I didn't have anything worth while to post about! I honestly got a little self-conscious, I know that I'm not the best writer, and I felt like being an old married couple with no kids... that I didn't have anything fun or interesting to share! But as of lately, I have tried to be more creative about what I'm posting, I've come to the realization that I don't need a picture of Michael and I for Every.Single.Post! {HA!} And as a result, I have actually been having a lot of fun coming up with things to post about, it's almost become like a hobby to have this blog!!
***I am curious to know who reads my Blog... I have seen my stats page, and see that I do get some traffic. So if you do stop by, I would love a quick comment so I can link over to your blog too!! Even if we don't know each other well or even at all, I love meeting new people and would love to hear from you!
*Facebook* I may or may not have a very minor addiction to the FB. Michael absolutely thinks I do. But that's just because he's jealous that he doesn't have one {HAHA!} I do check it often throughout the day {Most times, I won't even comment, I just like seeing what else is going on in the world!} It really is a fantastic form of entertainment! I love the pictures and the status updates - I just think it's all around fantastic to be able to see what others are up to {Perfect for a curious gal like myself!} I love that I get to keep in touch with family and friends - no matter how near or far! It's great for our siblings that are away at college, or Michael's siblings that live out of state! Again, what did we ever do without Facebook?!



17 comments:
Hello! You may or may not remember me, but we go way back... We met up sometime in elementry. It's good to see how you are doing!
Somethings I hate the blog (my blog that is) because I feel like I have to take a picture of every. single. thing. and most of the time I do. But nobody needs a picture of when Igo the bathroom or what Ieat for dinner or a picture of my latest grocery shopping reciept showing how much I saved on my last trip. This who paragraph doesn't make sense at all...
Its going to be a long day...
I love this post!... I also love blogging and I am one of 'those people' who include pictures (many) in each post but there is a reason for that... I don't scrapbook AT ALL. So my blog has served a my digital scrap book that I just make books from :)
I also check FB often... pretty entertaining.
Pinterest: I'm ADDICTED... and love it. Now rather than collecting good ideas, I need to start MAKING things that have inspired me!
I love blogs, I like Facebook, and for me Pinterest is mostly just useful (not exactly fun). I love reading people's blogs and seeing what they're up to and looking at their pictures. I guess I like blogs more than Facebook because I think they're more interesting - also I love looking at craft blogs that have free tutorials or fashion blogs that have lots of outfit ideas. I mostly like Facebook just for seeing what my friends are up to and if they post pictures, but I get bored of it. I almost never browse Pinterest - occasionally I look to see what my friends have pinned, but I mostly use Pinterest to pin my favorite craft or clothing ideas I see on blogs... it's a really easy and fast way to make a catalog of stuff you like online and want to remember or eventually go back to. If you "pin it," it just posts the picture you like and the link directly to it. I don't waste much time on Pinterest but whenever I'm looking around on blogs I frequently use the "Pin It" button to pin to my boards without even going to the Pinterest site. Since you love to post your favorite clothing (and owl stuff) on your blog, I'm sure you would enjoy pinning that stuff to your pinboards and then going back to it when you can shop. Anyway, I love reading your blog and the fun stuff you post about!
Pinterest is very overwhelming but has easily become my favorite social media site. I'm obsessed. (you can find my pinterest boards via the link on my blog below my pic). Strangely enough, I'm not a big Facebook person. I like to use twitter to see what peeps are up to. Plus twitter tends to be 90% hilarious and sarcastic. Which is my cup o' tea. ; ) And you know I follow your blog, and that's because you are hilarious and optimistic. I dig it. So keep it up girl!
I love reading your blog!
Hey what about Myspace....?!?
I think reading your blog is so much fun! It truly portrays you and Michael so well! I have known Michael since grade school and you definitely are a perfect fit for him. I love the fact that you guys travel and it's a breath of fresh air to see what adventures you guys get in to!! If you're ever in North Carolina let us know!! :)
I love keeping up with your reality its super fun. Yay social media :)
I love your blog! It makes me smile:)
I love reading your blog.... It's always entertaining with very valid points! You are a very optimistic and a happy person and sometimes I feel like I am reading a magazine! Thanks for sharing!!!
I read your blog! While I would LOVE to read a blog with some nieces and nephews in it, I think your blog is super cute! (No pressure about the nieces and nephews, but it would be nice in a couple of years!;)) You are darling, Laura, and I always love reading what you have to say! Hopefully we'll get this Pinterest business down soon! :)
I like blogs and fb, but haven't really gotten into pinterest. I need to check it out!
I read your blog! :) Hope you're doing well.
Hooray for Pintrest!! It's the best, you will be addicted soon enough.
I don't know if you really know or remember me. But your blog is interesting and fun. I always thought you and Alicia were so gorgeous funny and great. A little too shy and self conscious back then though.
I think everyone finds a voice in their own blog. I think yours is fantastic! Its interesting to read about others life and find the similarities, new ideas, and fun adventures they go on.
I* was a little too shy back then**
Post a Comment