Tuesday, July 5, 2011

{New York - Final Post - Days 5 & 6}

Days 5 & 6 we unfortunately didn't take as many pictures as we did the first 4 days {Pretty sure Michael was getting SO sick of posing - He really dislikes taking pictures! So I couldn't really complain, since he did so good the first few days!}
Because Thursday was such a crazy day - and we stayed up so late, we slept in on Friday! We then split up, boys to tour the CNN building and girls off to do some SHOPPING!! Noah has a friend he grew up with that works at the CNN Building, so he invited them to get a tour!
The view from the lunchroom....


They both thought that was pretty cool! After that, they called us to see if we were done shopping - but of course we weren't so they did some exploring on their own...


While the boys were off exploring, LaShae and I got our SHOP ON! We were totally focused on shopping, and didn't even take ONE PICTURE!! LAME! We did get some good stuff at H&M, the HUGE Macy's and Afaze!! {This was my second trip to H&M since being in NYC! Michael and I went on Tuesday and we both got some really cute stuff! I really cannot wait for it to come to SLC in a couple of months!!} When we got back to the hotel to meet the boys, we had to have a picture with our fabulous finds!





Michael and I had tickets for The Lion King that night! LaShae and I got back a little late, so I had to rush to freshen up, and as we were rushing to pick up our tickets at Will Call... we passed THE Naked Cowboy!! I was a little bummed we couldn't stop and get our picture with him {I'm positive Michael was pretty dang disappointed too... NOT ;)} But I did manage to snap a picture as we ran past...


OH.MY.HANNAH!!! Lion King was AMAZING!!! Seriously, so dang good!! The costumes were incredible! This show was just so entertaining!! I definitely recommend this show {Michael actually liked Lion King better than Wicked... I totally LOVED Lion King... but would have to say that I loved Wicked just a little more :)} {P.s. This is one of my new tops from our shopping trip!}


Saturday we slept in a little bit again... then we got LaShae and Noah all packed up, because we thought they were going to fly out around noon {They flew standby, they were originally going to only stay a couple of days... but because of a couple cancelled flights - they ended up staying until Saturday night!! We were so glad they did, it was SO much fun having them explore the city with us!} anyway, that flight ended up being to full, so they were going to catch the late flight that night - so we had one more day with them!! We decided to rent bikes and ride around Central Park!! I'm SO glad that we did!! What a fantastic way to get to see the entire park! LOVED IT!!!!


Seriously?? How lucky am I? Man, he is just too dang attractive for his own good!







On the way back to our hotel, we made a couple more shopping stops! I, of course, had to get my I <3 NY shirt!!! And I also got my NEW YORK Shoes!! I really wanted some VA-VA-VOOM shoes! {Ya know, some HOT heels that I wouldn't normally purchase... but that I would always say were my heels I got in New York :)} I was so LUCKY to find not one, but TWO super cute heels!! {I will post in a future SMILE post coming soon :)}.


We said goodbye to LaShae & Noah and Michael and I headed to the Meat Packing District for our final meal in NYC! Michael had made reservations at the very yummy restaurant, Recette! The atmosphere at this place was my fave! I really loved the entire atmosphere of the Meat Packing District, if we moved to New York, {Which we aren't... too expensive, but just hypothetically :)} I would definitely want to live in that area! P.s. I also tried my first OCTOPUS at this restaurant!! It was pretty dang good! {Look at me becoming a little "Foody"!!! HA!}


Seriously, I don't think that I can express to you how much we LOVED New York! I'm so glad we decided to go {We were debating either going to New York, or an Island of Hawaii we haven't been to yet} even though I'm totally craving a beach, I'm SO glad we chose NYC!!! I can't believe how much we did! I was so worried we weren't going to be able to do all that we wanted to do, but we did all of it and then some!! It was absolutely WONDERFUL to get to spend 6 days in the amazing city with my most favorite person in the world! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful man to take to me to so many awesome places!! And I'm so grateful we got to share our first trip to NYC with some of our best friends!


This was definitely a trip we will never forget!!


3 comments:

Kathrin Paul said...

Looks like the Naked Cowboy has put on a few...

so fun!!!

Hahn's said...

Wow you got pretty deep there in your last paragraph!! LOL.

I'm so happy that you guys enjoyed your time in NYC!!

Rachel said...

I really do love your new shirt. So cute. you made NYC sound so fun.

My only disappointment was that you didn't get a picture with the naked cowboy.