Wednesday morning we headed to Times Square to see about getting tickets for Noah and LaShae for Wicked that night... and to get some good pictures, that weren't our lame self-portraits! {We were all dressed up again, since Michael had made reservations at another nice restaurant :)}
Then it was to my FAVORITE meal of the entire trip at Eleven Madison! {This place was recommended to Michael by one of the Chef's from his school} Seriously, this place was so chic! And the food was AMAZING!!!!! {I will definitely do a food post so you can see how beautifully all of the food was plated!}
Such a hottie! Seriously, can't get enough of this guy in a suit! HOT!
That night was WICKED!!!! As we were walking to the theatre and to pick up LaShae & Noah's tickets, it started to DUMP rain!! Seriously, I've never seen so much rain in my life! Before we left for New York, I bought a cute little umbrella that would fit in my purse - yeah, it didn't really cover Michael AND myself! Especially when he was the one holding it, needless to say, I got DRENCHED!! You could honestly wring out my pants and jacket, I was soaking wet! And don't worry, it stopped raining after about 10 minutes! But that was just long enough to do the damage! Here we are waiting out the rain in the entrance of a random restaurant...
Finally we made it to the theatre! WICKED IS INCREDIBLE!!!! Oh man, I cannot even express how much I loved this show!!! It had us laughing, and me crying! So dang entertaining! Everyone needs to see this show! SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

After the show I got my first taste of a street vendor hot dog... and boy was it YUMMY!!! This is my "Oh yeah, that's good!" face :)
Then it was back to Times Square! Like I said in my previous post - I absolutely love the energy of Times Square! We went there in the 9:00am, 5:00pm and almost midnight - and no matter what time it was there were always SO many people there! Love it! Like they say, NYC really is the city that never sleeps!!
Thursday was an extremely productive day! We checked so many of our items off our NYC bucket list that day! First, check out this successful candid shot Noah got of us on the Subway! See it can be done! HA! We look like regular New Yorker's right?!
Our first stop was Canal street!! {I'm sorry to say we didn't get any pictures while we were there! LAME!} BUT... I did get a cute bracelet, necklace, a new purse and wallet!! I had so much fun bargaining with the very pushy ladies that worked at all of the little shops! I actually talked them down about $40 all together!
Canal street is right in Chinatown, so we went there for lunch! {Another check on our bucket list!}
After Canal Street & Chinatown, we went to see Ground Zero! I can't believe that it has already been almost 10 years! I can still remember sitting in Math class in 11th grade when they turned on the TV's showing all of the footage! It was really awesome to see how far they have with the construction of building the new twin towers! Pretty cool!
Then it was to the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty!
We headed back to the hotel to shower and get cleaned up for our 10:00pm dinner reservation! {I told you I was such a freaking night owl on this trip!!} We played a fun little game of pool at the hotel before dinner!

We were then off to WD-40 for dinner! Everyone, please mark Thursday, June 23rd 2011 in your diaries as the first time Laura Burtis tried CAVIAR!!! It was SO good!! I'm absolutely sold!
After Canal Street & Chinatown, we went to see Ground Zero! I can't believe that it has already been almost 10 years! I can still remember sitting in Math class in 11th grade when they turned on the TV's showing all of the footage! It was really awesome to see how far they have with the construction of building the new twin towers! Pretty cool!WOW! What a busy and fun day Thursday was! Up next.... the final days: 5 & 6!!
4 comments:
I am so glad that I'm not the only person who posts about food!
Can't wait for days 5 & 6
Wowsers. So many things to say about all of this:
1. I love your black dress in the first few pics. So cute!
2. That is so fun you got to take a tour of the kitchen! That is awesome!
3. I L-O-V-E the parks in NYC. I love that it is this huge bustling city but there are these really great green spaces. There are a lot of green spaces in London and Cambridge too.
4. Oh Wicked. Don't even get me started.
5. I love the ambiance of Times Square but I don't love the puke/pee smell. Street vender hot dogs are good but the churro T-face and I had in central park tasted about ten days old.
6. I just am jealous, ok?
SO FUN!!! Thanks for sharing all your fun pics and making us all a tid bit jealous!! I love that creepy white face thing in the middle of the park- so weird but oh so cool!
Can't wait to hear about days 5 and 6 =)
(PS- still commenting... ROFL!!!)
what a fun trip. I need to go. I am jealous. the end.
Post a Comment