Monday, December 28, 2009

HAWAII 2009

HAWAII!!
Michael and I were married in Hawaii 5 years ago in May! We have always said that we wanted to go back for our 5 year Anniversary... but since it is nice in May in Utah, we decided we would get away from the FREEZING cold and go over Christmas!
First arriving to our condo... The first night we got there, we were both exhausted from the long flight,
so we just grabbed dinner and went to bed.
But the next morning we went for a walk on the beach just outside our door, and this was the beautiful sight:
This is the BEAUTIFUL Condo that we stayed at... right outside our door... seriously, if you are looking for a great place to stay on Maui... let me know!
This is where we ate breakfast every morning... Not too shabby eh?!

There were gorgeous Hibiscus Flowers all over the place,
I'm a pretty talented photographer right?! =) This is my FAVORITE flower!
{hint, hint Michael =)}
Michael got on the boogie board and had a blast
{isn't he cute?!}
Doesn't this look like paradise? I LOVE the Ocean!
On Monday we went and took surfing lessons!
{See post below}
It was SO much fun, but man, we were pretty dang sore and beat up!
Michael also did some Snorkeling! He tried to get me to do it too... but I got too scared! I felt so claustrophobic! {I am such a chicken!} Anyway, he said there were some really cool fish just right off the shore!

We went to a really nice Sushi restaurant one night... it was so beautiful... we got there just about Sunset, it was so romantic!
On the way home that night, we drove past this, isn't it hilarious?!
{Sorry this picture quality is Awful! Hopefully if you enlarge it, it will look better}
HANG LOOSE SANTA!!!
One of Michael's FAVORITE things about Hawaii... their SHAVED ICE!
We went to the same place almost every day we were there!
{it's fabulous because it isn't your normal snow cone, the ice is shaved! SO YUMMY!}
So, on Christmas we decided to take a little drive and go see the other side of the Island {we heard the waves were supposed to be HUGE on that side}.
So we started out on a windy road... nothing too bad, we stopped a couple of times to see some very pretty sights...
Well, the road started to get smaller and smaller, till our rental car could barely fit - then, a car coming the opposite way came! I was starting to freak out!! On one side of us was the mountain, and on the other, ocean! So Michael had to go up on a slant on the mountain so the other car could fit past! I was SO FREAKING OUT!!! Needless to say, the very next opportunity to turn around, Michael took! But then we had to go back on that same road! Oh man, NOT FUN! lol
But we did see some very beautiful scenery!

We spent the rest of Christmas hanging out on the beach just relaxing!
For Christmas dinner we decided to go to Roy's...
OH.MY.HANNAH. DELISH!!!!
SERIOUSLY, this place is my FAVE!!! They even brought us a very yummy dessert with this cute message on it:

We had such a wonderful time together! We are so grateful that we had the opportunity to go back and celebrate our 5 years together!
I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy!



8 comments:

Hahn's said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! The picture with the sunset behind you guys is so beautiful. I am glad you guys had fun, but I am sure glad you guys are home, we missed you like crazy!!! Happy 5 year... in May =)

Kathrin Paul said...

Good times! Mahalo for posting so quickly! Great pics!

Lyndee W. said...

What a fun thing to do! I keep telling Lyle we need to go on a cruise or something for our 10 year {next year}...we'll see if it happens.

The Larsons said...

5 Years, are you kidding me? Thats Crazy how old you two are getting! Looks like you both had a good time, Good for you guys.

Miranda said...

So much fun!! Beautiful!! Wish I was there instead of here in FR.EE.ZING Utah. I look forward to more DE.TAILS when I get back tomorrow. Missed your guts. xoxo

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

5 YRS CONGRATS!!! AND HAWAII IS THE BEST NOW YOU KNOW WHY I DID NOT WANT TO COME BACK WHEN I WENT IN HIGH SCHOOL LOL:) GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME MAUI LOOKS AWESOME I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE AND U LOOK SO CUTE IN YOUR SURF GEAR LOVA YA

Rachel said...

I will try not to be jealous.

April said...

You guys are really cute! I can't believe you've been married 5 years either! Time flies!