Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Baby boy!

So, it is official - I am a complete slacker! It was Michael's Birthday on Friday, and here it is Monday, but I just wanted to make sure to post a little bit about how much I really am smitten with this kid:
I know that I have posted about all of this not too long ago, but I just want to make sure that he really does know how much I love and appreciate him! I am such a lucky girl, I don't know how I got such a wonderful man to be my husband! =)
He really is such an amazing guy, he is a wonderful cook, and cooks for us and guests often. He is Mr. Handyman himself - He can fix just about anything, and he enjoys doing it too! Just this year he has painted the Bathroom, we have painted the kitchen and he replaced all of the tile around our fireplace, it all looks GREAT! He cleans, that's right ladies, my - handsome - husband - cleans - ON HIS BIRTHDAY! Let me explain, so I don't sound like Mrs. Slacker. He had been working on the Fireplace all week since he wasn't working, (his break from being in Alaska for 3 months), and school didn't start until this week. So our house looked like a Tornado had been through it - honestly, there was tile, tile glue, and sheet rock mess EVERYWHERE! So on Friday, on his birthday, he cleaned our house, everything: toilet, tub, bedrooms, kitchen - he did it all! Awesome guy right?! And I'm not done yet, he also gets me surprises! The day he got back from Alaska, I went into work for a few hours and I came home to a little box wrapped up on the bed with a cute little note next to it. Just because! Seriously, AMAZING GUY!
He is also so great with all of our Nieces and Nephews. I love at family parties how he is always hanging out with them. He will play with them, tease them, and feed them. We love to have little surprises for them when we know we will be seeing them. When we were at Target last, he saw these super cute Easter Mr. Potato Heads so we had to get them all one. He loved giving it to them, then playing with them with the kids.

For his birthday we had 3 different celebrations - it was like a Birthday weekend!(sorry, no pics, I did take a couple, but I haven't uploaded them yet... once again: SLACKER)on his Birthday we went to Sushi - YUM! And hung out with each other, then on Saturday his family came over for the Pie Pizza -Delish! And on Sunday we went and a joint Birthday dinner for his and mom's Birthday's (post to come). It was so much fun to get to spend the weekend just celebrating him, and mom on Sunday =).

I hope that you had a wonderful Birthday Babe! I love you so much!!!!!

4 comments:

Hahn's said...

i think i might throw up.

Lyndee W. said...

I love to read posts that detail how dizzyingly in love two people are...it makes the world seem brighter.

Kathrin Paul said...

You really are a slacker. Good thing your husband isn't! You're not that bad. :) Happy Birthday, Mike!

Rachel said...

I can't wait until we are invited down and Michael can cook for us. I am pretty sure Heidi would be up for it too! :) j/k

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!