Monday, March 30, 2009

North Carolina VACATION!!!

We just returned a fabulous vacation to North Carolina! Some of our Best Friends, Noah and LaShae, moved there for school last year and we promised them that we would come for a visit! We were so excited to go and spend time with them, but also, we were stoked to be able to spend all that time together after not seeing each other for 5 weeks (see post below). Michael was a little weary of another 5 hour flight, since he had just done a long flight not 2 days before, but I told him I would entertain him so it wouldn't be half bad =). I like to think I am pretty good entertainment. lol.

Before we got there LaShae and I decided that we would have a little Birthday party for the boys, Noah's was the 20th of March and Michael's is April 3rd. We had a cute little cake for them and had them open their gifts. The boys were so good to pose for us with the cake. =)

On of our first days out on the town, we went to the Raleigh history Museum. It was pretty cool - (can you tell the guys were just loving all of the photos?)



They gave us the grand tour of their new city, and of Noah's campus. It really was all so beautiful, it was a pretty rainy day,(as it was for all but 1 day we were there), but still pretty warm. (Just REALLY humid. My hair loved that game).


That afternoon we packed a picnic and went to the nearby lake to rent a paddle-boat, it was such a fabulous work out, and such beautiful scenery!


That night we went to a DELICIOUS Sushi restaurant where LaShae had some amazing hook ups! The owner goes to the dentist where she works, so he gave us free sushi sampler and free dessert, it was SO YUMMY! Seriously, some of the best I have ever had!

That night we went out on the town and had a blast! We went to a piano bar where we of course sang and danced along. It was such a great place, you walked down from where the pianos were, to a dance area - so of course LaShae and I had to go get our dance on... this random guy walked up and put this mustache in my nose then gave the glasses to LaShae and told us anytime we come back down to dance we had to wear them. It was so funny to walk back over to the boys with these random things on. SO Much Fun! The next morning we headed to Myrtle Beach - which was about 3 hours away from where they live. It was so wonderful to see the beach! I LOVE the Ocean!
The next day we went back to the beach, Michael and Noah had so much fun playing with the little board that Michael bought at the souvenir shop. They were so funny. After a while they got to where they could they could ride for about 3 seconds... pretty good =). As we were leaving the beach, Michael was so sweet and gave the board to a little kid that was standing with his brother that already had a board - he was so excited and just didn't say anything as Michael gave it to him, like he couldn't believe it or something. Then he ran over to his mom and started to tell her, really animated, how this strange guy just gave him the board. My husband is just way too cute!
After the beach we headed over to Ripley's Believe it or not aquarium. It was awesome! Check out this Shark, doesn't it look so creepy? lol, I was laughing so hard.
They had some really cool fish, and fun things to look at. It really was such a fun day!
That evening we headed back to have our last dinner with the Steele's. It was such an amazing trip, we absolutely love the Noah and LaShae. It was so nice of them to let us stay at their home, and to show us such a great time. What a wonderful vacation... now we just get to do all of the laundry (it really is amazing how much laundry 2 people can go through). =) And I am SO happy that Michael is now home to stay!!! Yay!!! We have had so much fun spending every moment together.

6 comments:

Miranda said...

Yeah! How fun. Next time I'm going with you. Do not leave me here again...

Great pics!

Kathrin Paul said...

That's so fun! I love the guys faces in all the pics, they always love it! I'm glad you got a vacation and to spend lots of time with Mike. He really is so nice, what a great guy to give that kid his board! Glad you got home safe!

Holli said...

I am glad you guys had a great time! It totally makes me want to go on vacation! I laughed my face off at the kangaroo pictures- they were hilarious! My family is so funny :)

Suzie said...

Looks like a great trip! Glad you had a good time.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Mike should have kept his skimboard...although it was nice for him to give it to the kid. clayton and I have a few that we take to Bear Lake in the summer. The action at the lake isn't as good as it is on the ocean but is still fun.

You have made me want a vacation more than I already do. jealous. Looks like you had a good time!!!

Rachel said...

Looks like you had a very very fun vacation. It makes me want to leave.......AGAIN~!!