Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Freak Accident. . .

Picture this:
I am walking out of the kitchen at work to my desk -
with a big bowl of yummy oatmeal. . .
it is super hot, so I put it on my arm, on top of my sweater. . .
SO not a good idea. . .
it falls, BAM, oatmeal EVERYWHERE,
it splashed up and hit my eye lid, my cheek, all up in my hair and on my sweater. Miranda rushed over took a wet towel to get the oatmeal off of my face,
it hurt so bad! But of course I was laughing,
because that's what I do when I do something dumb and am in pain.
So I go to the bathroom to try and get all cleaned up. . .my cheek: all red, my eyelid: all red, and skin falling off. OUCH!
What the?! Who does that kind of stuff even happen to?
So this is me:
If you look close, you can see my left eye is all red and my eye lashes are all messed up from the Oatmeal.
I really enjoy making things exciting here at work =)
Thanks Miranda for taking care of me!



7 comments:

Miranda said...

I'm so glad you're OK...it could have been TOTALLY worser.

Kathrin Paul said...

Oh wow. That's really funny. From the top picture, I was thinking that it was a freak accident that the apple you cut to put on your oatmeal was in the shape of a heart. . . That or the virgin mary.

Candy said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! I love it. Thanks for leaving a comment, I love that you read it. I am so sad that I don't remember you. I thought Kami only had one sister-in-law...awwh I feel bad. You're so cute!! Maybe you and I can be virtual BFF's like Heidi and I are. (Kami won't let us be friends in real life.) Are you Native American by chance? If so there may be a higher percent chance we'd instantly connect. :) -k that was a joke. A racial joke.
I am going to add your address to the blog site...really, I love that you read it!
-Candy

Holli said...

Laura that is crazy! I have heard that oatmeal can be deadly! :) Hope your eye feels better soon! When are we going to play again?

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

ouch! glad you dont have to wear a pirate patch!

Anonymous said...

And they say that oatmeal is good for you!

Thanks, Miranda, for taking care of my little girl!

Laura's mom

Rachel said...

OW!! I can totally tell that your eye is damaged......
Hello did you post that you got your hair done? It is a different color and very cute!