Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wisdom Teeth - YUCK!

So yesterday I got my wisdom teeth out (all 4 - all impacted - YIPPEE, PARTY IN MY MOUTH!) Really, not so fun. Last week I was thinking that I would post a picture of my beautiful self - all puffed up and stuff, and I was all for it yesterday morning when Michael took the before picture. But when we got home and I had the ice packs wrapped around my face and the gauze in my mouth, yeah I wasn't so much game anymore - sorry! I don't know if it is just me, or if you can relate - but after being woken up from the anesthesia, I was pretty dang emotional (lol, I can laugh about it today). Like, I seriously cried because I woke up, then I cried because I had to take a pill, then I cried because I had to go back and lay in my bed. Oh man,no more anesthesia for this gal p-l-e-a-s-e! Michael has been a wonderful trooper for his special wife. Seriously, he has timed everything for me. And on our Island, in the Kitchen, where my drug buffet is, he laid out all of medications with what times and with what I need to take them. What a great hubby!

But so far, nothing too horrible! I have not had to take a "hard core" pain pill yet, (It is a good thing that I haven't built up a tolerance for Ibuprofen - the 600mg does me wonders!) The only real issues that I had yesterday was that every time I stood up for longer than like 30 seconds, I thought I was going to loose it ALL. So, I sat down, right there, wherever I was. And last night was a little bit rough: I slept pretty good from 9-2 but then I had to wake up and take my pills. And after that I don't think I really fell asleep again. I was cold, hot and uncomfortable (I usually sleep on my side - but it hurt my cheeks to bad to lean on them). Oh well. I guess it is expected =).

Wow, sorry that this sounds like a Debbie Downer post! I really am a happy patient! And my mom is going to come hang out with me this afternoon while Michael goes to school, so I am really looking forward to that. So far, so good, I haven't had any horror stories - so I know that I am lucky! Anyway, I thought that I would give an update, since at this point I can't really open my mouth or jaw much at all and if you were to call me - you would have to concentrate really hard to understand what was coming from my little tiny mouth =).

P.s. So. . . since I got 4 teeth out. . . doesn't that mean that I should have like $20 dollars under my pillow??? I'm still looking. . . =)

11 comments:

Miranda said...

First and foremost...the tooth fairy thing...ABSOLUTELY...milk it for all it's worth...I'd ask for $50...then negotiate down. Be sure to bring them in for show and tell first.

Miss you tons here at work. Feels like there's no one to play with at recess. We MISS your laugh like crazy. PLEASE...PLEASE...we want to see a picture.

When you get back to eatin'...we'll do Texas!

The Hodges said...

Micheal is so nice. What a good hubby. When I woke up from getting my wisdow teeth out I just laughed at everything. I was on cloud nine. I hope you start feeling better my dear. let me know if you need anything I would happily drive up to help you. love you dear.

The Larsons said...

haha I had 5 wisdom teeth out and I LOVED it haha!! Im sorry it makes you sick though thats never fun!

Clayton and Heidi said...

I feel for you Laura...getting wisdom teeth out right before thanksgiving sucks! I had it done a few years ago around this time of year and it did not make eating an enjoyable experience!

I think your readers deserve a picture of puffy face:)

Hahn's said...

Where is that dang tooth fairy... I totally think you deserve some money!! I am glad to hear everything went well.

Love you!

Holli said...

Oh man Laura, I really feel for you! I hope you'll be able to eat some mashed potatoes tomorrow! Thanksgiving is probably the crappiest time to have your wisdom teeth removed! (Who am I to talk, I had mine taken out like 3 weeks before I got married!) I am glad my brother is being good to you- he had me a little worried on Sunday! I was about to come take care of you myself! :)

Kathrin Paul said...

Did you know that Mike sent us all a text to let us know you how you were doing? Good points. He is nice. And your cheeks really aren't that bad. And I think it's really funny that you were crying. Druggie.

Anonymous said...

My poor little Debbie Downer:) I wish I could have been there for the party in your mouth!:)
That is so sad. I can't imagine getting my wisdom teeth out...the orthodontist said I only have two and I will never have to...sure hope thats true!
Love ya girl!:)

LaShae and Noah said...

Laura! I wish I was there to bring you something...I love your story, I can picture it exactly! Take care, I'm glad Michael is being sweet to you:) Love ya

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

Poor Laura but I was laughing at the parts when you said you keep crying lol... too funny I can just imagine you. Remember when we cried when that stupid Alan and Wesley wrote mean things about us in the paper.. who does that?? Well I hope you start healing. I remember when I got mine out I cried too and I cried when Kassie said I look like a chipmunk! Hope to see you soon! And can you e-mail me your address please!
kafo9@yahoo.com

Rachel said...

I had those stupid teeth taken out last fall and it SUCKED!! I got an infection and it was AWFUL! hopefully you are still recovering well and I am sorry that my glass is 'half empty' with this subject!