Monday, September 1, 2008

EISF (Eastern Idaho State Fair)


This weekend we decided to make the trip to Blackfoot Idaho. Michael's Aunt Misty and Uncle Brian live their with their family- including, Emily, Caleb, Brody and Seth. We will usually make this trip at least once a year. . . but this time it was special- it was the EISF Eastern Idaho State Fair- Yeehaw!!! The fair first gets kicked off with the parade, and super cute Brody performed with her dance company. . .




Then it was off to the fair, for probably one of my favorite things ever, people watching =). But don't you worry, in between the all of the watching, we managed to have a delicious mustard covered corn dog, and of course, Michael's very favorite- an elephant ear (I wish I had pictures to document this, but the camera accidentally got left this time, I know, disappointing)

That night we drove the 20 minutes to the fabulous IF (this is Idaho terms for Idaho Falls FYI) For dinner at the ever fabulous Texas Roadhouse then drove around to see the gorgeous scenery around the IF temple- it was absolutely gorgeous, with the waterfalls, and park.
Also on this trip, Michael got to enjoy what it is like to have a Nintendo. FYI-I call any kind of gaming system a Nintendo, just because I can't keep it all straight, I think it really was a Play Station 3 or 8 or 20 or something like that.

So as you can imagine, there was an awful lot of. . .


Me- "okay, are you ready to go?"


Mike- "Yeah, yeah, almost, just let me hurry and finish"


Me- "Honey, they are waiting for us, lets go"


Mike-"Okay, yeah, I'm almost there"


Anyway, we did have a wonderful time in beautiful Idaho, it was so fun to get to hang out with them, we just adore them all!


8 comments:

Hahn's said...

Playstation 8 or 20.. ha ha Kevin would kill you if he heard you say that. Looks like you guys had so much fun in Idaho!! Little vacations are always a good time!

PS i never knew that you like your hot dog COVERED in mustard... Interesting.

Kathrin Paul said...

I like mustard. Did you find me a carnie? I hope so. I'm glad you had fun and got home safely!

Rachel said...

Laura laura laura, I don't know where your dad went wrong with you and your teams! i might have to go puke now!!

Kelly said...

Hey Laura, I can't remember if I wrote you back or not. It's good to see you on here! I love your blog and your dark hair. I don't ever remember it being dark!

Clayton and Heidi said...

That conversation you had with michael while he was playing the nintendo is exactly why I promised myself that we would NEVER, NEVER buy a gaming system. Then we bought the wii! Obviously I am not a woman of my word.

ummm...if you are going to go all Ute (ew-tah) I don't think we can be friends. in fact I might tell kathrin to do her saliva trick to you again like when you were kids!

ps were there any mullet sightings at the fair?

Holli said...

I would kill for an elephant ear right now! Those things are amazing! Oh the good ol' fair. I love how nostalgic my brother is!

LaShae and Noah said...

ha ha...I think we've all had that conversation a time or two:)
I love it! Some things will never change and..."boys will be boys"
I'm trying to come to terms with that!

Miranda said...

Thank heavens you came back to UTAH...don't want you like the "sticks" too much ya hear?? Sounds like tons of fun...I LUV road trisp