Thursday, June 26, 2008

Melting Pot





We had our very first experience with the Melting Pot last night, and I am sad to say that I think it might be our last =) We went with Alexandra and Brandon to celebrate mine and Ava's birthdays (even though Ava didn't come- too scary with the super hot stuff right on the table). We had so much fun, as always, with Alex and Brandon- but $88 dollars (just for Michael and I, with a $10 off coupon!) and 3 hours later, we decided we would much rather have a JBC (Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger) from Wendy's :). The first course of cheese fondue was pretty good, then we got to cook our own variety of meat for the second course- but my favorite- FOR SURE- was the chocolate fondue SO GOOD! We dipped strawberries-Alex's favorite, banana's- my favorite and rice krispie treats- Michael's favorite. I think if we do decide to ever go back, it will just be for the dessert. Man, was that good! But over all, the company was BY FAR my favorite part of the evening.

7 comments:

Holli said...

Oh, I have never been but that sounds divine! I doubt we will ever go though. 88 bucks? Yikes! I die if I spend more than $30 on a meal! I have never tried fondue, but the cheese always makes my mouth water!

Jamie said...

We've wanted to go to the Melting Pot before, but never made it. I guess it is for one of those 'special occasions' where you can justify spending a little more than you usually would. Glad you had a good time - bet it's nice to be close to family. We really miss that!

Anonymous said...

My sister and her hubbie went there once and they said they will never go back either. Only because they got food poisoning though! They think maybe they didn't cook the meat long enough or something.

Alexandra said...

I had a great time cuz, And your right the company (and chcolate dipped starwberries) was the best part of the night. We loved the company

Bekah said...

Laura! I'm so glad you found my blog and that you have one, too! I love you and miss you like crazy! I'm glad you are doing well. You're so pretty.

The Bakers said...

We went there for our anniversary last year and it wasn't worth it. If I go back it will just be for dessert

Kathrin Paul said...

I could go for some chocolate dipping stuff right about now. . . yum! money, shmoney.