Remember that one time I said I wasn't going to cut my hair in 2012??
Well, I've almost made it 6 months with just trims...
but I've got to tell ya - my hair is DRIVING ME NUTS!
I feel like there are only 2 ways to wear it right now, and I don't love either way!
Oh man, I promised myself I wouldn't cut it... so I won't...
BUT man is it going to be a challenge getting through this
AWKWARD STAGE!
Okay, I'm good, thanks for letting me vent :)
On to my outfits....
This one was totally easy, and comfy!
{Have I told you how much I love scarfs?!}
{Pretty much this entire outfit is from Target -
except the scarf, I picked that up at a shop in Myrtle Beach 3 years ago}
This outfit I pictured a lot differently in my head...
I absolutely LOVE this top
{It's one of my purchases from the Outlet malls this past weekend}
BUT I made the mistake of not trying it on...
Pretty sure I should have gone down a size!
Good thing I have belts, and can tuck it in to add a little shape,
and after seeing this pictures...
I definitely should have done one or the other for this outfit!
Next time for sure!
{Top: J-Crew/ Pink Pants: Macy's/ Shoes: TOMS Ballet flats/ Necklace: F21}
P.s. Can we talk about these TOMS ballet flats for a moment?!
Yeah, remember how I was SO excited for them??
Because remember how I own 6 pairs of the other TOMS and LOVE them??
But then remember how they are one of the most PAINFUL shoes I've ever owned??
LAME SAUCE!!!
I've been trying to break them in though,
only wearing them when I know I won't be doing much walking -
Hopefully they get better!
Have any of you purchased them and gone through the same thing???
Or is it just me... :)
As always, I'm linking up with these lovely ladies:
Momma
go Round for Real Momma, Real Style,
Rolled up Pretty for
Whatever, Whenever Wednesday &
The Pleated Poppy for
What I Wore Wednesday.
31 comments:
The first look is amazing! I love how you combined dressy and casual elements! And you have an amazing smile!:)
Xx
Alexandra
www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com
Cute outfits! What a bummer about the tom flats! I've been wanting a pair, but if they aren't comfy I'm thinking no! They are so cute though!
Luv your outfits! Adorable.
~FringeGirl
Great outfits!! Love your style!!
I'm your newest follower!! Can't wait to get to know you better!! Seems like we have a lot in common, yay! :)
http://www.ramblingsofafabulousbrunette.com/
Love that first outfit, and the color combo on the second one is great! Tom flats are painful? Boo!
LOVE both outfits!!! I am sad that your damn TOMS are still hurting you. Curse them!!!
Love your outfits and style, as always girl!! Growing your hair out IS soo awkward! Hang in there!
ps, maybe you should take the those Tom's back?? I would think Tom's stands behind their product to the point they'd want you to be happy!
LOVE LOVE your first outfit! and your hair looks so cute! I love how you braided/twisted it!
Girl, your hair is presh...but I know the feeling..when i cut mine short several years ago it drove me nuts because it took forever to grow! You are adorable as always...love both your outfits. And you probably won't believe this, but I do not own a pair of TOMs. I have been eyeing the flats for awhile, but so many friends have told me the same thing as you...that they hurt!
xo,
Shanna
Oh I remember the pains of growing out short hair. Believe it or not min was shorter than yours. You can do it!
I almost bought this shirt too, it def runs large! I love your black maxi skirt - I wish they made them long enough for me haha.
Oh yeah and just fyi, I tagged you in a post yesterday. I wasn't sure you'd see it :)
Jamie
Hang in there with your hair. Deeeep hair breaths.
What?! Tom's ballet flats are uncomfortable?! NOOOOOOOO.
Visiting from the Pleated Poppy.
I love the first outfit the best! You are so cute! I too love scarves and I don't wear them often enough for how much I like them and how many I have! Maybe I'll copy your scarf outfit this week! Did you go a half size down in the Toms? I'm sure you already know this since you love Toms so much, but I heard that you're only supposed to size down if they're the original canvas Toms, and the other kinds you're supposed to get your normal size... so maybe that could be your problem?? I only have one pair of Toms and they hurt me for a day and that was it. I someday want to get some corduroy Toms in red... you probably already have those!
love the outfits!! you are so cute
I love both these looks! And I love your hair, you're adorable! And boo about the toms flats.
xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee
Oh Laura, I love these outfits. You have a great eye for fashion!! :)
I so understand about the ugly stage. You look anything but ugly, but it is so lame to not be able to do much with your hair. I did it when I was pregnant since I felt ugly anyway :) Hang in there! Loving your outfits and especially the gingham!!
Creamy
Gross, you forgot a belt? Yuck. Love you!
cute outfits! isn't that the craziest thing that toms are that uncomfortable? no, it's not just you. i ordered 2 pairs and sent them right back--if i'm going to spend $80 on some flats they darn well better be comfy!!
Your outfits are adorable, but I'm not sure what you're talking about with you hair... it looks super cute all the time.
Chris
I know exactly what you mean with your hair... I want to grow mine out too, but it's at an awkward stage. I'm scared to even get a trim bc I don't want them to cut too much off! But for the record, I think your hair is cute!
And so are both of your outfits!!
Super cute looks!! Loving the second one!!
xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com
I don't know WHAT you're talking about because I love BOTH styles of how you did your hair in both sets of pictures. I wish my hair would have that much volume..WHILE being in a braid ;)
Umm and I LOVE those pink pants! And I am NOT a pink person!!
I have the exact same TOMS you do and mine hurt as well. I wished I had gotten my regular size but now after wearing them for a while, they aren't so bad. Such cute outfits!!!!
So cute! I really love your hair up, it's darling. Just keep doing that until it grows out for you. :) Stupid TOMS flats! I'm still upset that mine are already falling apart. $85 shoes SHOULD NOT fall apart! I'd like to take them back to JMR, but I'm afraid they would laugh in my face. :/
Oh my heck. They are SO uncomfortable! I bought a pair too and after wearing them one day I sent them back to Nordstrom. There was no way I was breaking those things in!!
You are SO dang cute! LOVE BOTH THOSE OUTFITS! That checkered shirt is TO DIE FOR!!! :)
Oh my goodness!! your outfits and your hair is to die for**
Oh my gosh! My half brother TK gave me a scarf EXACTLY like that! I hardly ever wear it, but I love it to death.
Mind checking me out?
-XO Abbigayle Rashae
-trueblueabbi.blogspot.com
Love the outfits! How are the Toms ballet flats? I really want a pair
I just found your blog and wanted to say I LOVE your style! My first purchase, after I have this baby, WILL be a fun colored pair of skinnies!:)
I would love to know how you how your styled your hair?
Post a Comment