I've found and tried some yummy recipes on Pinterest lately
and thought I would share!
Crockpot Taco Soup
I first saw this recipe on my friend, Sweet Juicy April's Blog and new I had to try it!
I made it just 2 days later - and I have to say
it was absolutely DELISH and SO easy!!
It is seriously my new fave Crock-pot recipe!
Recipe:
2 Cans Kidney Beans
2 Cans Pinto Beans
2 Cans of Corn
1 Large can of diced tomatoes
1 Can tomatoes and chilis
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 lb ground turkey or hamburger
Shredded cheese, sour cream, and we added Fritos for embellishment :)
Directions:
Brown meat, drain fat and add to crock pot (the meat not fat :))
sprinkle seasoning packets onto meat
drain and rinse the beans and add
add ENTIRE contents of corn and tomato cans, then stir
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hrs or high 4-5 hrs
The best part, we BOTH loved it!
Cooking for someone with a culinary degree isn't always easy...
So when he LOVES something - I know I've scored! :)
As soon as we finished I pinned this recipe to my board - it's definitely a keeper!!
Nutella Fruit Dip
Weight Watchers Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
I absolutely LOVE anything Nutella - that nutty,
chocolate flavor is seriously heaven in my mouth!!
So when I saw this very simple recipe,
I knew it would be perfect for my upcoming Girls night!
I personally LOVED it, the other girls just kinda liked it...
BUT - one doesn't like the nutty/chocolate flavor,
and another doesn't like Greek Yogurt.
So, if you like Nutella and don't mind a hint of Greek Yogurt - this recipe is for you!
1 Cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 Cup Nutella
**I added a full cup of Nutella, and liked that it tasted more like Nutella than the yogurt**
Weight Watchers Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
To be completely honest... this recipe wasn't my favorite...
It sounds absolutely HEAVENLY, with ranch, bacon and chicken!
And I was actually the one to add this to Pinterest from:
I don't know why, I just didn't love it...
don't get me wrong, it was good... just not great :)
Recipe:
16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices extra lean turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
3 cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
(or you can substitute with Cambell's 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup)
1tbsp chicken bouillon base
1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
1 packet powdered Ranch dressing mix
1 tbsp fresh chives or parsley, chopped
Directions:
Spray crock pot with non-fat cooking spray and place chicken breasts inside
In large bowl, combine chicken bouillon base and yogurt until well blended
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
Pour sauce over chicken breasts
Cook on high for 3.5 hrs
Shred chicken with a fork and garnish with fresh chives or parsley
Serve over pasta (It suggests Miracle Noodle Pasta or Shirataki Noodles - but we just used regular noodles :))
Is it just me or have their been some crazy-delicious looking desserts on Pinterest lately?!
I seriously get on and get a major sweet tooth ache!



6 comments:
YUM! Oh I have to try these... especially the taco soup!
April's soup looks so yummy!
Oh man! All of these just made me hungry!! Look SOO DELICIOUS!!! :) Pinterest is the best with desserts! There's ALWAYS some yummy looking ones on there!!
Mmm now I feel like I want to make Taco Soup again! That nutella dip looks yummy. I have tried a few Pinterest recipes that haven't turned out before, too. I just wish every recipe I tried would be as awesome as the taco soup, but I think it's rare to find something you totally LOVE like that! It's fun to try different things, though.
I am literally dying right now. All three of those things look AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing!
We made the taco soup, it was pretty awesome! Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment