Time may change me... But I can't trace time...
{A little David Bowie anyone?! Anyone...??}
The Burtis household has been going through
A LOT of changes these past {almost} 3 weeks!
Johnny and Cash have definitely changed our lives... for the better of course!
These boys are seriously SO much fun!
They love to play and wrestle for HOURS!
My world has completely changed with these little boys in my life!
No more sleeping in till the last minute on work days -
Instead, I get up at least 45 minutes earlier to make sure we have play time and
time to take them out potty {at least 3 times!}
No more sleeping in until 11am on weekends...
They are up before 7 everyday!
{they don't know weekends are for sleeping in yet, silly boys!}
My lunch hour is no longer spent at Target or the mall or reading...
Instead... Every.single.day I rush home to let these boys out of their crate to
play for a good 45 minutes before I have to head back!
{Thank goodness I work 7 minutes away!!}
I seriously find myself missing them so much while I'm at work,
I check the clock often just to see if I get to go home to them yet!
I also haven't been to the gym since we got them...
I feel bad leaving them during the day AND at night!
So instead, we go for walks or I do Zumba on the Wii!
{We bought two of every toy, but they ALWAYS fight over one!
Cash is our little bully and is constantly stealing whatever toy Johnny has! HAHA!}
Michael has been working lots and hasn't been able to spend much time with them...
But he totally loves his boys and every morning when I call to check in,
he makes sure to ask me how our boys are doing - it's so dang cute!
{I've taken many more pictures of the boys with their dad,
but he didn't "Internet approve" any :( - so this is the best with him, I promise to get more though!}
We have had a few more visitors lately too...
Audrey & Brady LOVED the puppies!
Audrey kept on trying to get them to play with their toys with her,
but they were just being shy...
{they haven't been around kids much, so we need to work on that!}
Ellie... This picture honestly just melts my heart! So dang cute!!
Aunt Kat and Toria...
Victoria was telling me all about how she wants to be a vet when she grows up :)
She was so cute with them!
They really are so sweet and fun... but A LOT of WORK too!
We had quite a few accidents at first -
2 dogs = twice the amount of potty AND twice the amount of accidents!
BUT... I am SO happy to say that since Saturday, we have only had ONE accident!
YAY!!
They are even starting to scratch on the door when they need to go out!
They are seriously learning so fast!
Now we just have to get past the biting...
UGH!
It's only Johnny that is having a problem with this...
I know he is just playing, and it doesn't hurt
BUT we need to teach him NOT to bite mommy...
HAHA! I know we'll get there... :)
We really do LOVE our boys so much!
So happy to have them BOTH as part of our little family!






10 comments:
awwww, you're a mommy now!! :)
Love this post!! You are growing up right before my eyes. HAHA...
They are growing so fast!! I need to see them again. And Morgan, well she just cant stop talking about them!
Seriously, best way to stop biting. (It sounds mean, but you'll only have to do it a few times, swear.) Next time Johnny bites you, grab the sides of his mouth and push the skin onto his teeth until he squeals. I was taught that this helps them understand that biting hurts, that their teeth hurt. I did this twice to little Dante (cried both times) then he never bit again!
Hi I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, it's fantastic. I'm from the UK and blogging isnt too common here yet so I'm just getting some great ideas for mine. Please feel free to follow mine, that would be great. Doyouwantacuppa.blogspot.com
It's like you became a mom :) Have fun with that!
Oh my gosh, we saw these little puppies on the side of the road this weekend so of course I made my husband pull over so I could hold them, and I thought of you and your cute puppies! :)
Sounds like you are getting prepared for something... kids maybe?!!
This makes my heart happy. You are just the same as me when it comes to my pups. I take mine on long walks/jogs instead of going to the gym too, and I love it! I miss them every second I'm gone. : )
SO dang cute!!! I love them, Laurs! And I love you!
Also, David Bowie or Bust. I'm proud to call you my sister. :)
Post a Comment