As I said in my SMILE post... I completed my VERY fist sewing project this week!
My FANTASTIC Momma asked if I had a night that she could come
Help me get my sewing machine all set up and help me start my project,
I was SO excited!
I went and bought all my supplies, and tried to get a head start before she arrived,
Yeah I got as far as laying out the fabric and opening the pattern,
after that I was LOST!
Then my amazing mom showed up and just like that, we were on a roll!
She showed me how to get the thread on my bobbin, thread my machine and
walked me through the next steps of sewing my project...
I was so excited, and totally pumped for my project!
She had to leave after a couple of hours, but not with out first giving me some
pointers and direction on what to do next...
On Sunday, I thought I could just whip it out in a couple hours and be done with it...
Yeah, total wishful thinking! HA!
After a few issues, sewing, unpicking, and improvising on a few things -
5 hours later I was done!!
So what was I making?? Here is the super -cute skirt pattern that I found...
And the finished product.... TA DA!!!!
I am very pleased with the way it turned out, especially for my first sewing project!
Although, I probably wont let anyone ever look too close :)
I couldn't have done it with out all the help from
my wonderful and VERY talented Momma! THANK YOU!
I'm pretty excited now that I've got my machine up and running!!
I already have my next project in mind with my left over Zebra fabric!



13 comments:
It is SO STINKIN' CUTE!! Now you can teach me!! Your mom is a very talented lady (& now you are too)!! :)
WOW!! Your a serious pro!! Looks great. I am so jealous you have a sewing machine! I would love to learn how to sew my own clothes..so fun!
Girl! You sewed! I'm so proud of you. Way to try new things. Plus, you look smokin' in that! xo
Nice work! We should have a girls sewing/project night! I need motivation!!
That is so cute! Good job!
I would like one in blue please:)
OH MY GOODNESS!!! SO SO stinkin cute!! I am one proud bestie right now!!!
That is a really cute skirt!!! Good job!
So so cute! Great job!
Good for you! I haven't got a clue how to sew -- but your skirt turned out really well!
Fashion Translated
It turned out great!
Laura! That is DARLING! Way to go!
That is so cute!! I love that fabric!
Post a Comment