Have you ever read a book that you just could NOT stop thinking about??
You thought about it while driving, while trying to fall asleep or while working??
One that you didn't want to put down?
The Help, Twilight series, and the first 2 Hunger Games are just a few that are like that for me...
This weekend, I'm adding one more to that list,
Although, this one is nothing like the others and is definitely it's very own class!
The Pact by Jodi Picult
Was absolutely incredible! I didn't ever want to put it down,
and when I would {because I absolutely had to},
I would sit and think about it for hours!
I would sit and think about it for hours!
I was trying to explain the storyline to Michael one night,
and I just don't think I can do it any justice.
and I just don't think I can do it any justice.
So, here is what the back of the book says :):
"...a riveting, timely, heartbreaking, and terrifying novel of families in anguish- and friendship ripped apart by inconceivable violence. Until the phone calls came at 3:00am on a November morning, the Golds and their neighbors, the Hartes, had been inseparable. It was no surprise to anyone when their teenage children, Chris and Emily, began showing signs that their relationship was moving beyond that of lifelong friends. But now seventeen-year-old Emily has been shot to death by her beloved and devoted Chris as part of an apparent suicide pact - leaving two devastated families stranded in the dark and dense predawn, desperate for answers about an unthinkable act and the children they never really new".
This book is seriously written so well. I loved it!
It has suspense, love, mystery and drama -
I was completely absorbed from the time I picked it up until I was finished!!
Definitely a MUST READ!!

7 comments:
Yeah. This book was totally crazy. We need to talk about it.
Now I want to read it. Isn't she the same author that wrote 17 Minutes or something like that, about the high school shooting? I read that one and liked it too. I'm not sure if it was her but the name seems familiar.
I just watched a movie called "Salem Falls" based on a book by this same author. I need to get to the book because I know the movie left out so much, so it's good to hear she's a good author.
Sounds really like a wonderful book! Great post!
Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
Win an amazing dress by entering the Free People giveaway??? on my blog!
It sounds so sad and really good all at the same time! How many times did you cry? If the crying factor is more than 3 I don't know if I can read it....
Heidi, don't read it. More than 3 times.
Everything Jodi Picoult writes is to die for. she is one of my favorite authors!
Post a Comment