Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 GOAL

Michael and I are on the same page when it comes to New Years Resolutions:
We don't need January 1st to make resolutions...
We should have resolution to make ourselves better all year long!

HOWEVER, with all of the changes happening in our lives this year...
 I have made a goal this year to... SHOP LESS...
{I need to shop less -SO- I will shop  less}
To help me with this goal, I decided it was time to organize my closet.
{It was seriously scary! :)}
I found things I haven't worn in over a year... {to donate}
I also found things that I adore, but just forgot were in my closet!
It was like I went shopping - but didn't have to spend any money! HA!

After I was done going through my clothes {2 hours later! I told you it was scary!}
I've decided I have a pretty good wardrobe, with a lot of solid staple pieces,
 I just need to be a little creative and step out of my comfort zone when choosing outfits!
So to help me with this...
I came up with the idea to make a LIFE SIZE Pinterest Board to hang in my closet!
Remember this post: Craft Day in 2008 {FYI - I absolutely do NOT miss my brown hair}
When Jenna and I made magnet boards??
Well, I cleared that board of the outdated pictures,
Printed the pictures off of my "Outfit Inspiration Board" on Pinterest
And Ta-da!
It's right where I get dressed, to help me when I need a little outfit inspiration!
I made sure to choose pictures that I knew I had similar pieces- to be able to recreate the cute outfits
                                
 I tried out my first Pinterest outfit inspiration today!  

I'm feeling pretty confident on my new resolve to utilize my current wardrobe,
and be able to fight the urge to add more... I can do this!
Wish me luck!

8 comments:

monster cakes said...

This is so great friend! I had to stop shopping cold turkey when the hubs went back to school and we lost his income. It SUCKED. But you know what? A year later... I was just thinking back on how much more creative I now am in outfits and mixing them, how thankful I am for the amount of clothes I realized I actually do have, and how much I do NOT miss shopping at all! I never ever shop, and like any habit, you will lose the urge in time. Actually, the idea of shopping sounds horrible to me now. No joke. And I was a HUGE shopper. So you can do it! Keep remixing those outfits! Don't give up! And if you must shop, invest in versatile pieces that layer/mix well (sweaters, button ups, cardigans). Proud of you girl.

ps. Have you tried using a teeny tiny straightner to curl your hair? I like them better. I've also heard curling sticks are amazing. I want to try one like this as soon as I get some extra cash:

http://www.target.com/p/Remington-Textured-Curling-Wand-Purple/-/A-13596651

Hahn's said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit today- SO cute!! What a great idea!

De España said...

I have that same outfit pinned on my Pinterest. So cute. I have tried belting a scarf like 3 times and I always feel like it looks stupid on me. Maybe I'll have to try it again. I should try not shopping too, but Tony and I have a monthly personal budget to spend on whatever we want and I almost always buy clothes that of course I never need. I should try saving for something really cool, but I just love shopping for clothes!! I love that Pinterest inspiration board... I would love to try that, too! Keep us updated on how it goes!

Clayton and Heidi said...

You. are. Brilliant.

Any clothes you want to "donate" send my way.

please

Kathrin Paul said...

You're so clever! That's a fantastic idea!! Plus, you're hawt.

Holli said...

Such a great idea! I think it will be a fun challenge! :)

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Well you know my love for recreating outfits....but a life size pinboard in the closet! That is just straight genius! I might just have to try this one.
psss...love your recreation! It's darling (you are too).
an p.p.s. I want to have been wanting to read Bossy Pants...now I think I must!
Thanks for your sweet comment!

Cami
www.allthingslovelyblog.com

Sarah said...

This is genius! I may need to steal this idea!