Some of you may have seen this on my Facebook page... but I have so much to share - I knew it needed a Blog post of it's own! Michael has been very hesitant of me sharing this on "My million Social Networking Sites" {HAHA!} He is a very private person and doesn't love his "Business out there"... BUT I am just SO proud and can be very persuasive :) Plus, this is HUGE for us and our future, so what better way to document it then my Blog!
Remember how Michael graduated from Culinary school in June?? Well, he has his very first official Chef opportunity! And it's seriously AMAZING! Let me tell you about it....
The Mist Project is a Pop-up or Guerilla Restaurant...
{In layman's terms: A restaurant that travels}
It is a set menu with... get this... 15 courses!
The restaurant is in Salt Lake City during the Sundance Film Festival -
Open from January 19th to February 19th.
It will be located at the Paradise Palm {A beautiful indoor garden store}.
The Executive Chef and Founder of this project is Gavin Baker. He is very talented, and has worked at so many amazing restaurants around the globe....
(Ahem -The Fat Duck in London {"Best Restaurant in the World" in 2005!!})
Gavin heard about Michael through one of his Instructors at school, he looked into some of the work he had done, was impressed with "His attention to detail"... He decided to meet with Michael and was very impressed with his passion and drive and invited Michael to be a part of the project, as the Saucier! "He is responsible for all of the stocks, reductions, and base sauces as well as producing the a la minute sauces during service at mist" {See his Bio, and all the details HERE}
Michael has been working with Gavin every single Saturday and Sunday for the last month or so, at least 8 hours each day training with Gavin in the test kitchen! {Along with working his normal 40 to 50 hour week at his normal day job!} I'm seriously SO dang proud of him!
Salt Lake Magazine is doing a weekly update on the project...
The first week: Michelin in our midst?
The second week: The Mountain of work behind Mist: Salt Lake
{This is where I got the picture above!
Yes, he is FAMOUS and suh-darn handsome!! :)}
For this event, you don't make reservations - and there is no way you will get in if you just show up... so how do you get to enjoy the INCREDIBLE food and UNIQUE atmosphere?!
Tickets for the Mist are sold HERE:
{Dinner includes 15 courses for $150 a piece}.
Want to go, but $150 is a little steep?! I have some good news!
Did a FANTASTIC post on the project AND is giving away dinner for 2!
Seriously, EVERYONE should enter this giveaway!!
I will cross my fingers that you win!!
I am so proud of Michael... He is so talented, and passionate, I know this is just the beginning - I'm so Blessed to get to be his partner through all of this! Cannot wait to see what is to come!

6 comments:
Wow! That is impressive. Way to go Michael!
That's awesome - congratulations!
Congrats to your husband!
Very cool!
So excited for Michael! What an awesome experience!
Congrats to your hubby! This is so amazing! Can he please come cook for me? I despise cooking. haha
Post a Comment