{But first, let me apologize for missing my SMILE Wednesday this week - with the flu at our house, Michael's little brother Jesse leaving for his mission, and it just being CRAZY at work... I wasn't able to do my post! But I promise next week will be bigger and better than EVER!}
As I was saying... 2011 really has been a busy, and eventful year... one of the less important {but often} changes in 2011 has been my hair. After watching Katie Couric's 2011 Year-end Review Special last night... I felt inspired to do a Laura's 2011 Hair Year-end Review Special.
{And I can PROMISE you, it will be just as exciting as, if not more so then Katie's! :)}
We all know I have ADD, and absolutely zero patience for just about anything! Remember how I started out the year, absolutely set on growing my hair out?! So to help me get through the "Awkward stage" I got extensions...
They were definitely fun, and I absolutely loved that I could do it curly...But then the extensions became high maintenance, too much moolah, too much time and they started to shed?! HA! So, I took them out... My hair had actually grown quite a bit, and was the longest I've had my hair in forever....
Well.... my ADD kicked in, and I started to get bored with my "medium" hair... so I decided it was time for a change and I cut it.....
After about 5 weeks of that, I again, got bored, so I started looking for cute "Long pixie cuts" I found this adorable picture of Sienna Miller...
And thought, why not?! So I got it cut... REALLY short, probably the shortest my hair has ever been since I did a bowl cut in 5th grade! {And looked JUST like a little boy - Cute right?! NOT!} Anyway, it was short.
I decided that a pixie cut, long or short, just wasn't for me {Pretty sure I didn't know how to style it right, it would have much cuter, if I weren't so special :)} So, again, I decided it was time to grow it... I needed to get back in my comfort zone, to hair that would cover my ears...
I've started to feel more comfortable with my length, and even have been rocking the bo-ho headband trend! {Which I've tried and FAILED many times before!}
I really do like the style, and length that it is right now.... {Most recent picture}BUT I'm starting to get that itch... As I see SO many cute LONG hair styles on Pinterest, Blogs or just at the store - I'm really thinking about growing it out again! As we were looking at pictures from the year for our Christmas cards, Michael pointed out one of the pictures where I had extensions and he said "You're a short-hair girl huh?!" But I've NEVER had my hair long, how will we ever know?! {Such a dilemma right?! HAHA!} So... I'm thinking it's time to give it a go...
I've decided that in 2012, I am growing my hair out! YEP, and I'm absolutely sticking to it this time! It's now on the World Wide Web, so it's pretty much Bible right?!







6 comments:
Some people just really look so much better with short hair and you are one of those people who rock it!
I always love your cute hair! :)
I think you look adorable with short hair! I hope you're able to stick to your new goal! I'm trying to grow mine out too. It's coming along! (it also helps when my BIL refuses to cut it short!) :)
Wow it has been a busy year for you. LOL. I think you are a short hair girl through and through BUT I have never really seen you with long long hair so DO IT, I triple dog dare you =)
I will give you ten dollars AND a jumping high five if you bic it.
Haha! Bic it! Don't you need $10? I'm the opposite - I always keep my hair long and rarely change it. But I love long hair and I think it would look cute on you. I think you should try it!
Post a Comment