I recently finished the Stieg Larsson trilogy:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,
The Girl who Played with Fire and
The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
*WOW*
I can honestly say that I completely LOVED these books!
The first book was a little hard to get into it... but after I did,
I just didn't want to put it down!
I took a little break before starting the next one,
But once I started that one, I didn't want to stop!
The day I finished the second one, I had to go out and buy the third!
These are seriously such good reads!
Such an interesting storyline AND just so well written!
*BUT*
I probably wouldn't recommend them... you see, they have very disturbing content...
There is some abuse {that is very disturbing and extremely graphic}...
There is also an awful lot of usage of the F-Bomb...
However, I still loved the books,
They were definitely like nothing I've ever read before!
{I watched the first movie, and that was crazy disturbing - I don't plan to watch the other two...}
Now that I've finished that trilogy...
I've decided to re-read one of my favorite book series EVER...
Stephanie Meyer's:
Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn
I've read Twilight a few times... and now that the final movie is coming out in 6 weeks,
I've decided to re-read them again!
These books are seriously some of my fave...
I've just started Twilight, and already don't want to put it down!
And I look forward to when I get to read next!!
I absolutely LOVE these books!
{Even if they are considered Young Adult}
I would definitely recommend these books to anyone that hasn't read them yet..
AHEM... HOLLI!!! :)
My Fall shows can wait patiently on the DVR...
I'm a little busy with Edward & Bella! :)
Happy Reading!

5 comments:
My little book worm!! You go girl!! I cant sit still long enough to read a book- wish I could. CANT WAIT for Breaking Dawn- whoot whoot!!!
Glad to know that you liked the books even though you didn't enjoy the movie as much. I saw the movie and was so disturbed I didn't want to read the books, but maybe I'll give them a try now. : )
And I just finished reading Divergent and WOW! SOOO GOOD! Especially if you like young adult. I liked it better than the Hunger Games series. And knowing you can handle a little violence AND you like teen lit, I feel like you would looove it. Let me know if you give it a try! Now go swoon over Edward for the both of us! xo
ps. I thought I was already following you? Random. Ok now I am for sure!
Ok so I just got back from Arizona and you didn't dissapoint me by having some posts ready. Here are my thoughts:
1) I'm going to have to check out those books. I always look to you for the next great read.
2) What a nice husband you have! Giving you money for your shopping spree. Sweet. It is in his best interest too because a Hot lookin' wife is husbands greatest accessory.
3) California looks like a grand time. Although looking at some of those ride photos brought about an instant headace:)
I'm telling you Laura, it is a matter of PRINCIPLE! :)
Post a Comment