Friday, September 9, 2011

{Mad Men Fashion}

Like I said in my SMILE post, we are completely obsessed with Mad Men right now! Thanks to Netflix having the first 4 seasons instant streaming!  

 One of my favorite things about this show is the Fashion! The show is set in the 1960's, in New York City - and it's nothing short of fabulous! Every single episode, the costumery gets just gets better and better!
 I am completely smitten with the ladies of the show, and I was thrilled when I found an old Elle article about Janie Bryant's {The costumer designer for the show} thoughts on how she gets her inspiration for each character!
January Jones character AKA Betty Draper's inspiration is the beautiful Grace Kelly
 Christina Hendricks AKA Joan Harris {My personal fave} inspiration is the stunning Sophia Loren
 And finally, Elisabeth Moss AKA Peggy Olson's inspiration is the adorable, and young Audrey Hepburn
 I'm always making comments on how cute their clothing is, and Michael is always asking me: "Would you wear that?" Or saying "You could pull that off " {He's so nice :)}. So when I found out that Banana Republic launched a Mad Men collection in August, I was SO excited!!! Just check out how dang cute these pieces in the collection are:
I'm in love with the black dress & tights!
Loving the animal print!
 
 The gloves are so chic! They have some fabulous pieces in the men's department too!
 The detail of that dress is divine! And I adore the bow on the top, so cute!
Can't wait till 10/01, so I can do more than just browse online - and check out the collection in person!  {only 23 more days!!}

8 comments:

Hahn's said...

I think you might have a LITTLE obsession with clothes.... just a little. lol

Love the clothes at Banana though- so cute!!

Laura Burtis said...

It's not an obsession, it's a passion! :)

monster cakes said...

say whaaaa? I did NOT know Banana Republic was doing this?! AMAZING! So glad you shared this.

ps. You must have some friend dance parties! That way you don't have to worry about sleezy guys sneaking up on ya. You can just dance freely with your girl and guy friends and it's a-ok!

April Paul said...

I love netflix! Right now I am addicted to My so-called life (lame I know) but I totally love it!
I really like the flower print dress from Banana republic!

Kathrin Paul said...

LOVE that flower print dress! So cute!

The Andersons said...

I am going to check this show out! I watch Guillien and Bill after reading your blog and Bill so reminds me of Michael funny huh! BTW love your fashion sence(spelling??)...

Holli said...

I am ALL about retro fashion! I love Doris Day's style. One day when I'm skinny I want to do a vintage photo shoot. So fun!

David said...

This is one of my favorite shows of all time!! I started watching it when it first premiered because it looked like a "true-life" version of Bewitched! LOL Think about it: Don Draper is an ad man, just like Darrin Stephens. Both are married to a beautiful blond woman who resembles Grace Kelly, and while Darrin's wife is a witch, Don's is a b*tch (but I love her!!). And Don's boss is a white haired greedy womanizer, just like Larry Tate. You are so lucky that you just got into it because the rest of us have been having to wait over a YEAR for Season Five to start!!!