Well, the sweetest salesman was helping me - and he happened to bring me about 4 other pairs of shoes to try on as well... And guess what?... I fell in love AGAIN. {I know, I know.... call me easy. But it's true, I'm a sucker for a super-duper-up-to-heaven cute shoe - especially the kind that are so comfy I want to wear them - all.the.time}... Check out these beauties {In black and yes, that is a 4 inch heel}
So now, I had a dilemma! I was in love with not just one, but TWO pairs of shoes, and I kinda needed them both! So, what would any super smart girl do?? Call her hubby with a proposal of course! It went a little like this: "May I please get these boots?! I really super duper love them, and if I can get them, I promise that I will not buy any clothing or shoes until after OCTOBER 1st".... {Wait, what?! Did I really just promise not to freaking shop for over 2 months?!?!?! Oh man, love makes you do CRAZY things I tell ya!} My dear husbands response?: "Whatever you feel good about". {He's one good man!} So, what did I do?! I marched right over to that sweet salesman and said "SOLD!! Let's get 'em both!" Oh happy day!!But now, I have this situation... I promised the man I love the most in this world that I would not shop until October 1st. Oh boy! This is going to be SO hard! Especially for the girl with a slight, very minor shopping problem.
How do I know I have this slight, very minor shopping problem?
Maybe the fact that I go to the Mall or Target for my lunch hour at least once, if not twice a week! {Hey, it's seriously, 2 minutes away! And what better exercise then walking around the mall! So what if the cashier at F21 recognizes my face! Don't judge...}
Or it could be the fact that I still have clothes with the tags still on in my closet....
But guess what, even though I know it's going to be SO HARD for this little shop-a-holic to go a little over 2 months with out shopping, I know that I CAN and WILL DO IT!
I'm totally up for the challenge! I've added a little "ticker" on the side bar of my blog to COUNT DOWN my 71 days until I get to shop again!
Wish me luck!!!
6 comments:
LOL. A ticker. Hilarious. The boots are super cute! I don't love booties (don't hate), but I know you'll rock them!!
Now. I know that you can accomplish anything you can set your mind to, even not shopping for more than two months! Yikes! Maybe it's not too late to put in some stipulations? Like is lay-away ok? Or what if there is a killer sale? He needs to be reasonable here.
I have complete faith in you my dear friend. I will try not to be a bad influence!!
I just had a great idea... If there is something that you MUST have, I will buy it for you and then after October 1st you can pay me back!
Ops- how is that for a good influence. Sorry love =)
You can do it girl! You may find it cleansing and a fun challenge to remix what you already have. Good luck!
Haha! Oh sad! You can do it, Laurs! You've done it before, stores ain't got nuthin on you, girl! And I love the boots and shoes! You'll look so HOT in them!!! Deff worth it. :)
oh laura I am glad you posted it so we can all keep track of you and your shopping addiction :) I know you can do, but just warn him that you might go crazy on Oct. 1 and buy out the mall! I love the boots they looked fab on you... Love ya
I laughed out loud (I really did) when you said you put a ticker on your blog to count down until you can shop again! I love you, thats so funny!
Post a Comment