Wednesday, May 11, 2011

{Book Report}

I have been a little book worm lately - I took a break from reading for a couple of months, and now I just can't get enough!
*Water for Elephants* - GOOD book! I read this in less than 24 hours, I just didn't want to put it down! It is just such a well written book... There is definitely some very descriptive scenes {wink wink}, so don't say I didn't warn you! :) {The movie was really good to - of course the book was better - aren't they always?!}
*White Oleander* - Another really good read, sad story - and again, some very descriptive scenes. This book is about a little girl that is really close with her mom, but then her mom kills a guy she was dating and has to go to jail - it's the story of the little girl going through the Foster care system... so many different homes and different people. Such a good read... I love this book!


*ROOM* - This book was amazing! The book is told from a 5 year old's point of view {Emma Donoghue is an incredible writer!} The story is of a 19 year old girl that is kidnapped and kept in a shed in the back yard of the kidnapper for 6 years, she has a 5 year old son and all he knows is what's in this "room". I absolutely LOVED this book - it just might be in my top 20 fave books!

*Nineteen Minutes* - Another really good, but disturbing book. This book is about a kid that is bullied all of his years in School {starting in kindergarten!} and one day decides that he is ready to put an end to it all. He goes into the school, kills 9 - wounds almost 20... it's the story of the trial, and all of the events leading up to that day... Such a sad story, but definitely makes you think!

*Perfect {Pretty Little Liars} - Don't judge. I know that these books are totally juvenile, but I really like reading them! This is book #3 of 4... I watch the show, and have really loved the books! They are what Michael would call "Goosebumps print" {Big print, lots of space- Super easy reads}. Just fun books :)

*Style* - I have really loved reading and following Fashion Blogs lately. I've always loved to shop - but have never really put a lot of thought into my wardrobe and outfits. Recently though, I've been more conscious of my outfits, accessorizing, and how it looks and fits my body - It's been a lot of fun! This book was on one of the fashion blogs that I follow so I decided to pick it up... I honestly read this in about 2 hours.... There was a lot of information that I already knew, but quite a bit that I didn't. I will definitely keep this book handy for reference, or ideas :) {My favorite chapter was the packing to travel chapter - I ALWAYS over-pack... She had a lot of fun ideas on how to make the most of packing light, which I will for sure use for our trip to New York next month!}




6 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

I have been wanting to read Water For Elephants. I'm glad you liked it. You are my book guru:)

Whim Wham Life said...

Oooh, these are some fabulous suggestions for my summer reading list:-) I agree, books are waaaay better than the movie versions. I'm a book snob who always has to read the book first before I'll watch the movie! xoxo

Lyndee W. said...

I'm a book snob too! I loved White Oleander as well and Jodi Picoult always writes such good books. I'm definitely going to read Room and Nineteen Minutes.

Kathrin Paul said...

Nice book report. I give you an A.

Hahn's said...

My bestie the book worm! Thanks for all the good suggestions =)

Jeanette said...

I'm reading "The Female Brain" which is totally fascinating and explains why we women are the way we are and why men are the way they are in a fun "can't put the book down" mode. (Sorry Kathrin - that was totally a run on sentence :)