So so so good! Seriously, could not put this one down! I would recommend this to anyone! I honestly cannot even describe this book, you just have to read it!

This one was way good too, I read this in one day... on a Saturday when I was blessed with the flu =) This one is about a girl that lives in polygamist community, I don't know why, but I have always been so fascinated with polygamists... so this was right up my alley.

This one was really good too, I am not much of a scary movie/book gal - (I just freak myself out too much). But this was a really good read, it was only the first little bit that was a bit disturbing...
I definitely recommend any of these 3 books, they were all so good!
So onto some of the things that I have missed blogging about:
My Birthday was on June 12th... so of course my "Birthday Week" Began the Sunday before. On Sunday we went to my parents house for Kathrin and my combined birthday dinners. It was So so so yummy. My mom makes a mean beef stroganoff! Then for dessert we had yummy chocolate fondue, with everything - bananas, strawberries, oatmeal cookies and pretzels. YUM!
Then on Monday night we didn't have anything planned, but our really good friends - the Steeles' surprised us and came into town! So we went to the Olive Garden, then to Cold Stone and back over to our house where we just hung out and visited, and LaShae gave us our very own concert on Michael's new Guitar - Seriously, that girl is AMAZING! Love them!
And sadly, that is all of the pictures that I took of my Birthday week, but I will still tell the stories =). On Wednesday night we went to dinner with Michael's family, we went to Training Table, it was fabulous. Then on Friday I had my family over for pizza and a movie, Michael had to go to school. We were planning on going to sushi and to hang out on Saturday to celebrate my Birthday, but I ended up with the flu all day... it sucked! But that was okay, we went to sushi the next Saturday =).
Then on Monday my co-workers all took me to lunch... and you will never believe what happened! So there were 5 of my co-workers and I all eating and having a good time at lunch. Well, they gave me my cards, so I was opening them when the waiter came back over (he was a young guy, probably in his twenties). And he goes "Oh, is it your Birthday?" "I have something to show you, but only you can see". So he pulls out his cell phone and hands it to me, face down, across the table. And guess what was on it? A PICTURE OF HIM SHIRTLESS! What the heck!? Now, I will say that he was very ripped, but COME ON! I just started laughing uncontrollably because I was so embarrassed. All of my co-workers were completely mortified. They couldn't believe that he would do that. It was so awkward! Then every time he came back to the table, he would try to catch my eye. Ugh, it was so uncomfortable! THEN, he came back over to the table and said "Since it's your birthday you get free dessert" And one of my co-workers goes "Didn't she already get dessert?!" Oh man, I really just couldn't wait to get out of there! Can you believe that?!
Anyway, I had a FABULOUS Birthday week for sure! Michael and my family and friends spoiled me rotten! I am such a lucky girl to have such wonderful people in my life! Everyone definitely made my Birthday special.
I also want to give a quick "Shout out" to our father's for Father's day. Michael and I have got some really fabulous dad's in our lives.
Dave, Michael's Step-dad is wonderful, he is a genuinely nice guy, that would do anything for everyone, especially any of his kids. I am so grateful for Dave and the wonderful example that he has been to Michael, I know for a fact that Michael would not be who he is today with out Dave in his life. Thanks for all you do Dave!
And my dad. He is incredible. My dad is very hardworking, honest, sweet and would take the shirt off of his back for any one of us kids. He is a great handy-man, who can do just about anything. He is an absolute wealth of knowledge. I am very lucky to have a wonderful father like I do.
We love you guys! Hope you had a fabulous Father's day!
5 comments:
WOW...I'm so caught up...and I got to experience some of this...can't wait to read the other 2 books. The first suggested was awesome.
Your Bday lunch WAS quite an experience and I don't know if I'll be going back to that restaurant anytime soon. AWKWARD!!
See, don't you feel better? Very nice.
Oh I LOVE the Lovely Bones! I have that book and read it a few years ago- I need to read it again! I am glad you had a very fun birthday WEEK! :)
That is absurd, your selfishness should not impede on your blog's wellbeing, you can't neglect it like this, Laura. Goodness. But remember how that waiter was probably congratulating and checking himself out in the pans in the kitchen, I bet he talks to the mirror,too. And not in the cool way, like I do, just to annoy Kathrin. :) But way to be literate, good work, Lars!!!!!!!!!!
sounds like tonz of birthday fun! I was beggining to think you weren't blogging anymore cause Carter spit up on you... sorry 'bout that.
Post a Comment