Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alaska

Well, my VERY good looking, hard working Michael just got home from 3 months in Alaska! Yeah, I know, crazy right?! He left on January 3rd, and the first 6 weeks or so he came home every 2 1/2 weeks for 3 days. But the last 5 weeks he stayed there to just get the job done. So we went 5 weeks with out seeing each other! Luckily, he was able to call me once a day, usually in the evening for about 10 minutes =) He went there to do some work - each year 2 guys from his job go there for 3 months, and this year he was asked if he wanted the opportunity, so of course he took it! It was so crazy, he worked anywhere from 12 to 18 hours a day - 7 days a week! Needless to say, he is a very tired boy! 35 days of working straight will do that to a guy! Even though most of the time he was working very hard, or sleeping, he did have some fun times, and was grateful for this adventure . . .

These are some of the gorgeous scenery that he was able to take in while working in Alaska! Breathtaking!
He asked me if I wanted him to do it again next year and I said not only no... but HECK no! I made him promise to never leave me again for that long EVER. Oh man, I feel like we are complete babies about this, I feel for anyone that sends their companions or loved ones to away for an extended period of time! They are incredible!
We are so grateful that Michael has such a great job, especially during these very hard times. And we are so thankful for all of our family and friends that helped keep me company, and busy - But we are SO happy that he is now home - safe and sound!

11 comments:

Hahn's said...

I am so happy he is home... now I can have a break.... HA HA JK JK JK. You know I love you :)

Rachel said...

WOW! I complained about Nate leaving for a week. I hated that, I can't even imagine. Hopefully you made enough money so you can take a nice long trip together! :)

Holli said...

I am so glad he's home! I think we all missed Michael, but not as much as you did! It's hard to comed home to a dark empty house. It was nice to see you guys! Hopefully we can get together a lot this summer!

Miranda said...

So happy he's home...sheesh...now someone else can pay attention to you. It's a BIG job! LOL j/k

What a great opportunity for him...beautiful scenery...great pics.

Welcome home, Michael.

Unknown said...

yeah I am so glad he is home. I remember when brandon had to do that it stunk.

Tracie Paul said...

So unlike everyone else commenting, I loved coming over and watching TV with you. But I'm SO happy for you, you're such a tough cookie!!! We're all excited to talk to Mike and hear all about his sea/snow-faring adventures!
I love you a little bit! :)

Tracie Paul said...

P.S. I'm SO excited for you to come home so I can tell you all about prom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Kathrin Paul said...

Jenna and Miranda: I know it seems like you'll get a break, but little Laura-Lou-Who always needs attention. She's such a drama Queen! No JK there. Ok, JK. I agree with T-Face, it was fun to come and visit so much, and I'm feeling severely neglected that I haven't been able to talk to you since, like, MONDAY, and now I have to wait for a couple of months because you'll always be sitting and looking at each other. Whatev. But I hope this means you won't sleep with that big old butcher knife anymore. So creepy. Love ya!

Alexandra said...

yay for Laura and Micheal... I know you have a lot of catching up to do... (wink wink)

Kathrin Paul said...

Ew, gross.

Mom & Dad said...

I'm so proud of both of you! There's nothing harder than being separated from your sweetie! (I'm a mess when Dad goes on an extended hunt!)

Love,
Mom