Friday, September 5, 2008

Grandpa Leo Paul

Our Grandpa Paul passed away yesterday afternoon. He has been suffering for so long now, we have been praying for the Lord to take him and even though we have known that his time would come soon, I still had a hard time when I found out. Now, I know that he is in a much happier place now, and he is no longer suffering. It just kind of hit me all at once, he was no longer going to be here, physically. Growing up, we spent every single Sunday evening at my grandparents house. He has always been here, around at most family functions. Always good for a great laugh, a good hug, or a sweet kiss. I know for a fact that he is in heaven, he is with all of his family that has passed before him, and I am excited for when I will get to see him again, all healthy and happy.
I am not very good at writing my emotions down. I was pretty emotional yesterday when I first found out. Thinking about my Grandma, my Dad- how they were taking it. But it was so nice to go to our Grandma's house and spend time with most of the family, my parents, my sisters and a few of my aunts and uncles and cousins. It really did make me feel a whole lot better to just be surrounded by family.
We will miss Grandpa "Pill" so much. I know he is so happy now, watching over us all.
Sorry that I am not very good with my words, but Kathrin, the English major, wrote an amazing post dedicated to my Grandpa if you would like to read more. I'm sure she won't mind =)

10 comments:

Kathrin Paul said...

You're cute. You did a great job, and it's not about english majors or ways with words, it's about feeling and you expressed it! Love ya!

Jamie said...

I think your feelings about grandpa came across just perfect. He will be missed, but we know he is healthy and happy and in a better place now. I agree that although we knew the day was coming and it was to be expected,it is still difficult to know he is gone. We'll see you in a couple of days.

Clayton and Heidi said...

It is hard to lose a grandparent, especially one that you were close too. Thank heavens for the Gospel and all the memories you had together. Let us know if you guys need anything.

Rachel said...

okay, I am not crying so I don't know for sure if I want to go to kathrin's blog, but of course I will....you did a beautiful job writing down your emotions. I enjoyed reading it and could feel your love through what you wrote (sorry I'm a cheeseball!)

Hahn's said...

I am so so sorry about your Grandpa, losing a grandparent is so hard, even when its the best thing for them. We are all just selfish and want them here physically. It will get easier, trust me. Kevin and I are here for you guys, you know we are only a block away. Call us if you need ANYTHING. Love you lots!!

Alexandra said...

Grandpa's are great and it's great we have great cousins to lean on. I know he's in a better place and is so happy seing his mom and dad and everyone who went before him. I'm glad that a lot of our family lives close because grandma really does have agood support system.

LaShae and Noah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa Laurs:( You have such an amazing attitude! There's nothing harder than losing a loved one, especially grandparents you're close with. I'm glad you feel he's happy and healthy, please call if you need anyone to talk to. Love ya

Unknown said...

oh I am so sad about your grandpa dying. he was my favorite when you would tell us stories about your grandma always yelling "Leo" It always made me laugh how fun he sounded. Here is a big hug from me and know that i love you Laura!!

Suzie said...

Laura,
It's cousin Suzie. I loved your post about grandpa. It was a lot of fun to see you this weekend. I have a blog too, but it's private, so if you send me an email at paul.suzie@gmail.com I'll send you an invite.

Miranda said...

I'm so sorry about your gramps. I KNOW he's extremely happy and feels so much better. He'll ALWAYS be in your heart. You expressed your words beautifully...they're from your HEART.