Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stick Shifts & Safety Belts, Bucket Seats have all got to go. . .

(Sorry it is so dark, this is Kami with a wedding veil on opening presents)

My weekend started out with a shower. . .
The last one till they are finally OFFICIAL!
Audrey thought that she would try a lemon, she hated it,

made this face, then put it in her mouth again.

Silly girl.





That afternoon Michael and I got to watch the kids.
Alan was running a little late, so April and I had to meet him & the
kids at McDonalds to switch vehicles. Well to do this, I needed to
drive their stick shift about 1 mile back to my house with Toria and Brayden
in the veh. For those of you who don't know, I CANNOT drive Stick. . .
So pulling out of the Mcdonald's onto the main road went a little like this. . .
Green light
Killed it
Toria- "What is wrong with our car?"
Brayden- "Does my dad need a new car?"
Second green light
Killed it
oh, killed it again (yes that is 3 times)
Toria- "I'm going to tell my dad that we need to buy a new car,
instead of new furniture"
Me- "Its okay, we can fix it, he doesn't need to buy a new car"
Third green light
Killed it
Me- "Crap, poop, dang it"
Brayden- " Something is very wrong with the car, I'm going to tell my dad"
FINALLY peeled out and made it onto the main road.
The rest of the day went pretty smoothy.
We ate treats, watched cartoons and went to the park.

That night both Erik's family and Kami's family got together

for dinner, it was a lot of fun to get to hang out with

everybody. Kathrin had lots of fun stories about Erik to share.

Every time they hang out with us, they learn so much more about Erik

(even things they probably don't want to know =))
Sorry Erik!
But what are sister's for right?

Erik is marrying into a really fun and great family.





On Monday night Michael and I had our "Goodbye dinner" with our


neighbors, Noah & Lashae. We got to talk about all of our wonderful


times together, their recent trip to Hawaii,


and how our lives will be so different with out having


them live right next to us. We are going to miss them so much.


Going from seeing them almost every single day, to only once every


6 months is going to be rough. But I know that we will


have and cherish their friendship forever. We have a friendship


that will last for years to come. We have been so blessed to have


such good friends live right next to us for the past 2 1/2 years.


We love you guys! Good Luck!












8 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

man I didn't know that Kathrin was telling Erik stories again! Maybe it was because I was busy WIPING ALL THE WATER OFF OF MY BROTHER! I love your guys Erik stories. They are so funny. I could tell you some good Kami stories but she would kill me...and I am honestly afraid of her.

The stick shift story is so funny. I can't drive one either!

Kathrin Paul said...

Good post, Lars. I like the title. :) That's so funny. I heard about Audrey and the lemon. Mike looks like he's having an awesome time at the park, maybe you should take him there more often?

Rachel said...

That's right Heidi, you sat at the wrong end of the table...Kathrin told some great ones! hehe
We will see you all TOMORROW!

PS I saw Audrey at the shower with the lemon and it was pretty funny :)

Miranda said...

OK...so when you watch my kids...can you drive a Suburban???

Sounds like you have a great family and good friends!

Clayton and Heidi said...

What are you talking about!?! I love all your comments. Between writing posts and reading breaking dawn (have you started yet) there isn't much time for work (I hope I am not being monitored).

See you tomorrow!!! I'm sure that Erik and Kami will have a Bow-chicka-bow-bow moment tomorrow night too:) Kami is going to kill me for writing that.

Kathrin Paul said...

Ew gross.

Mom & Dad said...

That's the funniest story! I can just hear Brayden & Victoria saying those things! Kinda like when I was backing our car down the slippery driveway and it crashed into the camper, shattering the back window and cute little (4 or 5 yrs old) Tracie said, "I'm gonna tell Dad!"

LaShae and Noah said...

We miss you guys sooo much! That was a really fun night, and way funny...poor Noahs tummy:)