The first picture is of Wyoming- where we spent about 5 hours driving and the second picture is Nebraska where we spent about 7 hours driving. Exciting isn't it?
We made it! 15 hours each way and we are back from our great, but short vacation to the family reunion in Iowa. We left on Tuesday afternoon, stopped in Nebraska for the night then arrived to our destination of Des Moines on Wednesday afternoon. The drive was long, but fun. I really do like road trips, especially when I am riding with Michael (Awww. . .). We always have so much fun hanging out with each other. Now, it is just hard to have to go back to work and be away from each other, after we have spent the last 6 days together, non stop. Anyway, here are some fun details from our trip (sorry, it is a little long =))
We Finally got to Des Moines, Iowa on Wednesday afternoon. And after we found a hotel and got all freshened up, we headed over to Uncle Hugh and Aunt Maureens to visit and eat some yummy food. Their home is absolutely gorgeous, and I am madly in love with their yard. Iowa is so green and so luscious, most of the homes that we drove by have a huge yard. I would totally live in Iowa, if it weren't for, no mountains, their winters, and of course being so far away from family- but otherwise, I would move in a heart beat =)
On Thursday we went to Adventure land, where the majority of the family for the family reunion were able to attend. Adventure land is a lot like Lagoon, but a little bit more spacey. We had so much fun going on all of the rides. We went around the majority of the time with Michael's little brother and little sister, Jesse and Allison- That way when Michael was too chicken to go on the high rides, or the twirly rides, I would have someone to go with me =) I don't know what it is about Theme Parks, but I am obsessed. I could seriously spend hours there. Michael had a hay day playing all of the carnival games. As you can see by the pictures he got a little carried away with the fishing game. He played it about 5 games because kept on missing just one and he had to get the BIGGEST shark. . .
Friday morning Michael, Holli, Sammy and I drove the hour and a half to Ottumwa, Iowa- where both his mom and dad are from- and a lot of his family is still there. Before we let anyone know that we had arrived, we, of course, had to stop at a little hamburger joint called "The Canteen". This place has been around for years and years. Michael, Holli and their mom are absolutely in love with this place, I like it a lot, but not even close to the love that they have for it =). After we enjoyed a delicious Canteen. We headed over to his grandma's then to his Aunt and Uncle's to see a lot more family and to enjoy the BBQ.
That night we went back over to Uncle Hugh's and Aunt Maureen's for a delicious BBQ, and some fun games of "throwing the washers in a box" (I can't remember what it is really called, I just know that it is a lot like horse shoes =)). At the end of the night we enjoyed a beautiful display of fireworks, from Michael, Jesse and their cousin (Michael was so hard core that he even burned a hole in his shirt, and he is now "unable to grow any nipple hair" Lol). We also had a wonderful view of most of Des Moines, so we could see about 3 different firework shows all over.
All in all we had a wonderful time, but we are so happy to be home and sleeping in our own bed =)
9 comments:
That looks like a fun trip. Laura I think it would be a crazy time riding in a car with you for 15 hours! I am glad you made it back safe.
Sounds like you had a great time! We have heard good things about Adventureland, and have been wanting to go, but just haven't made it yet. It is always nice to go on vacation, but I agree, it is so nice to come home and sleep in your own bed! I'm sure you passed right through us here in Omaha, you should have stopped by and said hello!
So fun! I'm glad you're home, and we should def do lunch this week! It looks like you had a rock-rock-rockin' time! What did you do with all of those stuffed animals?! Call me at work when you get this. My phone isn't sending texts. Grr.
Yeah, what are you going to do with all those stuffed animals? You could hang them on the walls like trophy heads :)
I'm so impressed you got your blog updated so fast! What a woman!
xoxoxo,
Mommy
Oh Laura, I am so glad you guys came! You saved my life! I still laugh thinking about Michael playing so many times to win the jumbo shark! And the name of the game is "Washers." Creative, isn't it? :)
So... I found ya on here from Rachelles I hope u dont mind. So that drive is FOREVER no wonder I came back home from Wyoming I hated how boring it was and how long the drive was to get back. Looks like you had a blast though!! Married life is great isnt it! Well Laura get back at me sometime and we need to see eachother!! Let me know TTYS
I'm very glad you guys made it home safely and had a good time.
I am so happy you guys are home.. when we going to hang out.. huh huh huh???
Hey Chama, I love your dark hair! You are so cute!
Post a Comment