Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"God Bless You"


Last night Michael and I went over to Dave & Julie's (Michael's parents) house to hang out with the family and to visit with his Grandma Pat that is visiting from Iowa. It was a pretty eventful evening, first on the way over there we stopped at a wedding reception for one of Michael's neighborhood friends.
On the way we saw this guy driving who looked almost exactly like Alan (my oldest brother). So of course we had to get a picture- We were trying to be so sneaky and tried to make it look like Michael was just taking a picture of me. . . this was the best shot we got, we were laughing SO hard, I totally think this guy knew what we were up to. . .










Anyway, after the wedding we headed over to the house. We had some really yummy pork chops, had my first experience with Guitar Hero and just got to visit.


This is Michael, his mom and his grandma. What a good looking family!



My first experience with rocking out to Guitar Hero, even though I really sucked, it was so much fun- I am so sold. I totally want one now =)




As we were leaving at the end of the night, we hugged Grandma Pat and she said "God Bless you". And I didn't even have to sneeze first! She just wants God to bless Michael and I. I love it, how nice, that is the last thing someone says to you before you leave out into the world, instead of just "Goodbye". So I have decided that I am going to take from Grandma Pat's example and make sure that I let my loved ones know that I want God to bless them!

7 comments:

Kathrin Paul said...

You're so random! That's funny that you took a picture of that guy. Crazy! I want to play guitar hero.
His grandma sounds nice! Are you guys still going to Iowa this summer?

Laura Burtis said...

I know, it was a way random post. But Whatev =) Yeah, we are probably going to go the first week in July! ROAD TRIP! Yippee! I think that you should play guitar hero! In fact, Jesse is probably bringing it to my birthday so you will for sure have to play it then!

Holli said...

You are so funny Laura! I have heard her talk about God all day long, and it is no way I would talk to my Heavenly Father! I think at one point she even said "Thank You Jesus" because we made a turn signal before it turned yellow. Wow, what an adventure this is turning out to be! Just kidding, I just think it is funny! I am so glad you guys are coming in July! You have NO idea!

Clayton and Heidi said...

Hey Laura! No worries about the pics. I am happy to share. If fact if you want some "really" good pictures of Kami let me know...she might kill me but it would be oh so worth it to get them out there. So you think Kami is nice? Sadly, she has got you all fooled. Poor Erik, I don't think that he knows what is coming:) Seriously though I am excited for both of them. They are a cute couple. Can't wait til August!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyson and Tiffany said...

Hey I have a guitar hero anytime you want to come jam, just let me know. :)

Rachael said...

I love the bishops they are so awesome, you are lucky to be a part of that family!! :)