Bambi makes deer look they are the victim. But I must say, on Wednesday night it was me that felt like the victim. . . lol. The story- so, that night Michael was working in Hanah (about 40 miles past Kamas). He was going to be spending the night, so I decided that I would drive up there and stay with him in this super cute, little tiny cabin. So I left Fashion Place mall at about 7:30 (it is an hour and a half drive). I was making excellent time until I got to Kamas and the sun started to go down. Right outside of Kamas I saw my first deer- I decided that I should go slow in case there were any deer on the road. Like I have said in a previous post, I am scared too death of driving in the snow, well this was kind of like that- but almost worse. It is a super curvy mountain road, and when I came around the next corner- there were 3 deer in the middle of the road just staring at me!! (Good thing I was going so slow or I would have hit all 3 like bowling pins). So at this point I started to regret my decision to drive to Hanah, knowing that I still had like 38 more miles to go. To make my long story short, what should have taken me only 40 minutes, took me over an hour- I had what Michael calls "white knuckles" the entire time, my heart was pounding out of my chest and I kept the speed odometer at about 35 the entire time (the speed limit was 50=)). Of course I ended up making it okay, but only after I had seen 12 freaking deer!!! Not all at once of course, just in sperts of 1 or 2, and about 6 of the 12 were in the road! I am seriously going to give myself a heart attack before I am even 24 years old! I don't know why I am a grandma, and I freak myself out about driving in the snow, or in the dark, or in the mountains. I just do!Friday, May 30, 2008
Deer
Bambi makes deer look they are the victim. But I must say, on Wednesday night it was me that felt like the victim. . . lol. The story- so, that night Michael was working in Hanah (about 40 miles past Kamas). He was going to be spending the night, so I decided that I would drive up there and stay with him in this super cute, little tiny cabin. So I left Fashion Place mall at about 7:30 (it is an hour and a half drive). I was making excellent time until I got to Kamas and the sun started to go down. Right outside of Kamas I saw my first deer- I decided that I should go slow in case there were any deer on the road. Like I have said in a previous post, I am scared too death of driving in the snow, well this was kind of like that- but almost worse. It is a super curvy mountain road, and when I came around the next corner- there were 3 deer in the middle of the road just staring at me!! (Good thing I was going so slow or I would have hit all 3 like bowling pins). So at this point I started to regret my decision to drive to Hanah, knowing that I still had like 38 more miles to go. To make my long story short, what should have taken me only 40 minutes, took me over an hour- I had what Michael calls "white knuckles" the entire time, my heart was pounding out of my chest and I kept the speed odometer at about 35 the entire time (the speed limit was 50=)). Of course I ended up making it okay, but only after I had seen 12 freaking deer!!! Not all at once of course, just in sperts of 1 or 2, and about 6 of the 12 were in the road! I am seriously going to give myself a heart attack before I am even 24 years old! I don't know why I am a grandma, and I freak myself out about driving in the snow, or in the dark, or in the mountains. I just do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're not alone, little lamb. I hate driving at night in the mountains or country roads because deer are dumb! Redwood road between Saratoga Springs and Bluffdale is a nightmare, too, I hate driving that at night. Glad you didn't hit any!
Post a Comment